ML upgrades Apple, says iPhone could be near

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Every last one of them. 20 buttons, garish icons/interface, multiple clicks to do every-day operations, shitty reception, shitty quality of voice, shitty web features, shitty buttons, shitty quality. Shit.

Priceless!!

Quote:

I would say the market for GOOD phones is anything but saturated. Perhaps it doesn't exist yet. Phones could be likened to computers. Or MP3 players. In that the market is there, but it's waiting for Apple to come in and release something that Just Works?. I think they'll do it. Soon. Maybe next year. Probably not around the corner though.

Like I agree and stuff
  • Reply 22 of 26
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

My daughter, and her friends, tell me that they hate texting. I was surprised at that, as it's supposed to be so common among teens. But perhaps they have to look at the age groups more carefully. My daughter will be 15 Sept 3rd. Here friends are about the same age. One of my friends daughters is 17, and she does like texting, and says that some of her friends use it.

They all like IM, and use it all the time.

Exactly. If "texting" were as good as IM, wouldn't they all want it on their iPhones? What I still haven't seen is someone making speech-to-text-to-IM. Speak your sentence, it turns into text, and gets IM'ed to the other person. You could punch a little emoticon button to shade each message...
  • Reply 23 of 26
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,578member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SpamSandwich

Exactly. If "texting" were as good as IM, wouldn't they all want it on their iPhones? What I still haven't seen is someone making speech-to-text-to-IM. Speak your sentence, it turns into text, and gets IM'ed to the other person. You could punch a little emoticon button to shade each message...

Now THAT would take some programming, and computer power!

Texting pretty much started in Japan among youth because it was cheaper than making a phone call. Not so most other places, where texting services are additional to voice services.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Quote:

Now THAT would take some programming, and computer power!

Texting pretty much started in Japan among youth because it was cheaper than making a phone call. Noy so most other places, where texting services are additional to voice services.

To be clear, I didn't originate this concept. I saw it in the movie "Strange Days", directed by Kathryn Bigelow, written by James Cameron.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,578member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SpamSandwich

To be clear, I didn't originate this concept. I saw it in the movie "Strange Days", directed by Kathryn Bigelow, written by James Cameron.

Ah, movie reality
  • Reply 26 of 26
    Quote:

Ah, movie reality