leopardvision.com < If interested, let me know

Comments

• Reply 21 of 43
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    When I was doing web design I was able to score some unique domain names that I thought sounded cool and reflected what my design style was about -- BioAlchemy.Com and PhatCraft.com -- Well, anyway all these domains have lapsed now, I no longer have a personal website.
  • Reply 22 of 43
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

I thought sounded cool and reflected what my design style was about -- BioAlchemy.Com and PhatCraft.com --

Wrong on both counts?
  • Reply 23 of 43
    maimezvousmaimezvous Posts: 802member
    I think I should have thought about my question a little more before I asked it. Thanks for answer sunilramanl.
  • Reply 24 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

Ireland's only problem is how to reach his target market for people that might buy the domain name - either existing companies/ brands called Leopard Vision or some people setting up a business, small med large, who need a name.

Yes, because companies are going to base their brand image around an impulse-bought domain name instead of hiring a consulting agency.
  • Reply 25 of 43
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Yes, because companies are going to base their brand image around an impulse-bought domain name instead of hiring a consulting agency.

And if they spend a couple hundred grand on that consulting agency and they come up with Leopard Vision? People do this all the time...squat on domains.
  • Reply 26 of 43
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

You're sweet.

He IS being sweet. Those domains are not just pretty shitty. They are very shitty. Poor planing on your part to buy such lame and useless domains. If you ask me, they are worth $100 tops. Good luck getting rid of them.

You're not a total failure Ireland. Just today.
  • Reply 27 of 43
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by icfireball

He IS being sweet. Those domains are not just pretty shitty. They are very shitty. Poor planing on your part to buy such lame and useless domains. If you ask me, they are worth $100 tops. Good luck getting rid of them... You're not a total failure Ireland. Just today.

Wow, I don't know why I'm ending up defending Ireland but damn, you guys are really having a go at him. People register all sorts of domain names. End of story.
  • Reply 28 of 43
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
  • Reply 29 of 43
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by midwinter

And if they spend a couple hundred grand on that consulting agency and they come up with Leopard Vision?

Exactly. You people having a go at Ireland have no real idea about how small to large enterprises come up with business and brand names.

Maybe Ireland you might mention why you got these domain names? People think to seem it was a huge business enterprise to buy a whole bunch of domain names. Or maybe you just liked a few and decided to buy those which may come in handy down the line? In any case, in business, there are risks, mistakes, success and failures. Talking about the business. Calling someone a "failure" on these boards is, well, I'm not getting the humour of it today.
  • Reply 30 of 43
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by FormerLurker

Now THAT is f*king funny.
  • Reply 31 of 43
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Placebo

Wrong on both counts?

Heh. Nice try Placebo. But they did get me the higher-end design gigs I so desperately sought. Only problem was I didn't take into account the stress, crazy deadlines, and you- must- be- a- design- superstar- every- single- minute pressures in these more "pro" design gigs.
  • Reply 32 of 43
    erbiumerbium Posts: 354member
    Quote:

You're partaking so be quiet.

uh huh.. read this thread and tell me where I fired off any form off insult.

good I'm glad you found nothing.
  • Reply 33 of 43
    You defended Ireland.
  • Reply 34 of 43
  • Reply 35 of 43
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

You defended Ireland.

I hate your momma

(sarcasm by the way, don't actually know her )
  • Reply 36 of 43
    Quote:

You defended Ireland.

lol
  • Reply 37 of 43
    what happened to all the moderators on this site??

I thought these types of threads used to get locked.. at least they did waaay back in the day.
  • Reply 38 of 43
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Sunil, has your pirated copy of Panther crapped out on you yet? How did you end up standing in Irelands corner?

I just wanted to get in on this before it gets locked down.

• Reply 39 of 43
    Hey. My 10.3 Panther is full legit, man, came with the iBook G4 933mhz when we first bought it. Brought up to 10.3.9, in full, clear conscience...!

Yeah, get in while you can, I too can feel a lock hovering ever so closely over this thread.

I ended up in Ireland's corner because mostly, Placebo is being a d*ck as usual And Placebo also made fun of my own domain name purchases
  • Reply 40 of 43
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Seriously though, thanks a lot for trying keeping the peace "sunilraman", cheers! Some people round here really need to chill out, far too uptight. Get a lady lads. Offer is still open for those sites by the way. Thanks all (honky tonky winky wonky donkey)