How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
  • 1 to change the light bulb.

• 1 to post that the light bulb has been changed.

• 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

• 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

• 27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

• 53 to flame the spell checkers.

• 6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"

• ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive.

• 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".

• 15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.

• 156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy".

• 109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum.

• 203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb forum about changing light bulbs be stopped.

• 111 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum.

• 306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

• 27 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

• 14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URLs.

• 27 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

• 33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".

• 12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

• 19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three".

• 4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.

• 44 to ask what is a "FAQ"?

• 4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

• 143 to say "do a search on 'light bulbs' before posting questions about light bulbs".

• 1 new forum member to respond to the original post 6 months from now and to start it all over again.

So, who would like to start the ball rolling by complaining this is an old joke?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 29
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    If only there were that many truly active posters here.
  • Reply 2 of 29
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

If only there were that many truly active posters here.

Complaints about the number of active posters should be taken to the Feedback forum.
  • Reply 3 of 29
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    There definitely some overlap in the numbers. Some members could quite easily fit into many of those categories.
  • Reply 4 of 29
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Wait, there are active posters here? I thought you were all figments of my imagination.

Nick
  • Reply 5 of 29
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

It's funny 'cause it's true. 8)
  • Reply 6 of 29
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

Top analysis sir!
  • Reply 7 of 29
    You could have done better if you had posted the total number of views of the post and if you had stated where overlapped numbers existed.
  • Reply 8 of 29
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Dont we need a
    • !11ConFiRmeD11! Lightbulb has been changed p3NeD?

• Reply 9 of 29
    and an
    • I met Thomas Eddison in the bar last night and got him very drunk, and he told me all the details of the new tritium-phosphorus everlasting lightbulb?

• Reply 10 of 29
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    appleinsider posters are tuned into tech and efficiency soooo

how many???

one....he uses an led style bulb that lasts a lifetime, then the bulb using rfid to communitcate to server which sends an a video message to the next living owner when the bulb needs to be changed and where it's located and model number....in about 75years.

oh i'm sorry i should add to the original post to say

new updated light bulb tomorrow
  • Reply 11 of 29
    Hey, who took away my internets-famous "GET A BRAIN MORANS" pic?
  • Reply 12 of 29
    what this one

• Reply 13 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by MarcUK

what this one

I'm kinda wonderin' if my "probably a republican" comment had anything to do with the sudden and unexplained disappearance?
  • Reply 14 of 29
    Shouldn't there be a poster banging on about power consumption, and then another one on the temperatures of the bulb at idle and under load?
  • Reply 15 of 29
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    That's right mattyh. Since this is a Mac-specific forum:

1. Someone has to complain about how the new light bulb has a crappy, 3-year-old, non-upgradeable graphics card.

2. Someone has to complain that they just bought a new light bulb right before this one was released.

3. Someone has to say that they're going to wait for the 2.0 version of the light bulb.

4. Everyone else has to tell the previous posters that this light bulb is going to lead to the bankruptcy of all other light bulb companies, and to go buy another company's light bulb and don't let the door hit them on the way out.
  • Reply 16 of 29
    Dont forget someone complaining that the lightbulb, switch and ceiling mount all come as an all-in-one package. Some people just want the bloody light bulb. Lightbulb mini?

Some lightbulbs are rated at 60W, but only output 40W, to force buyers to look at the more expensive 60W model.

And doom and gloom - my lightbulb company has been about to go out of business for the last 20 years.

People wont buy my lightbulb because it runs on proprietry electricity.

• Reply 17 of 29
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Let's not forget the rumors that the lightbulb was going to draw power wirelessly from satellites and change the way we think about lighting forever and the bitter recriminations that it doesn't.

Plus, don't forget that MS is rumored to be working on a lightbulb that leverages the Xbox, somehow, so Apple better get off their ass and make the rule changing lighbulb we know damn well they're capable of or they can look forward to being shut out of the lamp-space forever.
  • Reply 18 of 29
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    france outlawed the light bulb it's format has to be shared.
  • Reply 19 of 29
    Also, got to count the post of the Apple loyal, the almost religious extremist devotees of the Apple cause...

Then the counter argument from those Dell-ists, that argue that the light produced by Dell lightbulbs is just as good but costs half as much after rebates.

Also, the Mac Hacker Pros, who buy the cheaper Dell-esque lightbulbs but flash them to make them seem identical to Apple models.
  • Reply 20 of 29
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I'm just waiting for the "true" video lightbulb.