No Guts, No Glory - The AI Nike Plus User Group

Comments

• Reply 21 of 44
    I would like to apologize. I am a waste of carbon and I feel that I must commit Seppuku. Farewell, cruel world.
  • Reply 22 of 44
    Nike plus running challangers welcome!!!

[email protected]

Come one come all. I run about 15 km per week and I am looking for some people to race to keep me motivated.

Thanks
  • Reply 23 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ID0002 View Post

We are professional company which located in southeast of China .We specialize in exporting Nike trainer/clothing/bag , and some world popular brand product.

Having professional staffs and our own factory , we also produce according to your designative styles . We will do our best to meet your demand in the mutual benefit and concession.

Our Aim=TOP QUALITY+BEST PRICE+FAST DELIVERY+BEST SERVICE

With our enterprise aim of ?Clients First , Reputation First?, we sincerely welcome the customers at home or abroad to get in touch with us .

Any of our items meet your interest at anytime , please don?t hesitate to contact us ? Http://www.tradechinamaking.com

MSN:[email protected]

E-mail:[email protected]

Is he a bot. Is he not.

He probably sells gold in world of warcraft too...
  • Reply 24 of 44
    [B]Visit Best Apple iPhone Blog: dedicated to a new Apple mobile phone - iPhone: news, photos, videos, price, release date and more...
  • Reply 25 of 44
    suhailsuhail Posts: 192member
    I wish they'll make an iPod bicycle attachment!
  • Reply 26 of 44
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by suhail View Post

I wish they'll make an iPod bicycle attachment!

Have you not seen the iBikeMount ads on AI? It looks like for Nano only though. Website.
  • Reply 27 of 44
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    I've been doing the nike+ since Sept last year. I love it. I find it very difficult to run without it. I usually do 2.5->4 miles each run. In feb i did 2 4.5's and something in my knee went bad, been fighting it ever since.

There are a few things I don't like about it (like forgetting to stop it), but all in all it's a fantastic system.
  • Reply 28 of 44
    tectontecton Posts: 31member
    My .mac ran out and I don't want to upgrade right now. I have the gear and run between 5-7km per night after work.

A couple of times I've had real problems with the ipod though. When I start a new Basic run the timer starts but the music just flicks through each song. It doesn't play them, just cycles through the title and then jumps to the next and the next ad infinitum. The only thing that seems to solve it is to restart the ipod before every run..

Otherwise the gear is good. I even took the risk of running in a rain storm everything survived except the headphones... but it could have been worse.
  • Reply 29 of 44
    I've never had that happen. And I've ran over 200 miles with mine. You should try formatting your ipod and starting over with new software. See if that helps.
  • Reply 30 of 44
    Anyone else having a problem loading the Nike site?
  • Reply 31 of 44
    I haven't been running the last week because of snow... My gf synced hers yesterday though.
  • Reply 32 of 44
    I'm going out for my first Nike+ run (and my first run in 2 years) in about 30 minutes. Wish me luck. I've registered at Nike.com and checked out everything... I guess I'm ready.

My goal today is to run to my friend's house on the other side of HK island. i'm sure my lungs will be hurting with HK's polluted air and my out-of-shape lungs, and I expect my legs will ache when I get home.

I'm using my Nike+ kit with a Gen2 iPod Nano, a 3rd party pocket and an old pair of super-lightweight running shoes by Energie. I'll probably buy a pair of Nike+ shoes when I have the budget, but I hope they have some sort of superlights... seems now they only have the medium and large running shoe type with the pocket.
  • Reply 33 of 44
    Ok... some problems.

My run turned out to be a great 10k+. Generally uphill for the first 3/4 of the run. Then downhill quickly back to sea level, then two short hills before finally reaching my destination. Total 11k. Unfortunately I crapped out after 8k and walked the final 3k.

Here's a map of my run here

The problem was that there's something wrong with my transmitter. It said I only ran 3.6k. As I said, I'm using a third party pouch with a non-Nike shoe. I also have a soft stride, and I walked a bit as well.

Does anyone else have a problem with their stride not being correctly transmitted? Is it something that would be solved with a proper Nike+ shoe? Is it because I have a soft, rolling stride maybe? Or has it somehow been miscalibrated and I should calibrate it on a track?

Overall, however, I'm pleased with my run. Despite the fact that I had to walk a bit, two five minute intervals later on in the first 8k and then the entire final 3k, I pushed myself and feel the nice soreness in my legs. My lungs were not a problem, and my sides ached soon after I started but that went away. I was running uphill for the most part and facing the 4-4:45pm sun as well. I feel confident that I can run at least from Kennedy Town to Aberdeen in 45 minutes as my first goal, and my final goal by the end of the year will be the complete 11km in that time. I'm hoping to run the HK Marathon next February or at least the 10k leg of the same event with a competitive time for a 37 year-old amateur.

I'd like to hear any comments from you guys...
  • Reply 34 of 44
    Well, apparently, the swoosh on the transmitter has to be facing up. I had it the wrong way. I'll try again in a few days (my legs will be sore for a couple days after my first run in years).
  • Reply 35 of 44
    ginalynginalyn Posts: 1member
    for gym music and workout music, I recommend european dance music.......

it's ALWAYS the best motivational tool for me...

.....and you don't have to tell anyone at the office if u just listen to it on the mp3 player at the gym ....

.... here's a compilation series on itunes that I recommend:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...Club+Hits+Vol+
  • Reply 36 of 44
    Legs are still sore... thinking of trying the 8km tomorrow though...
  • Reply 37 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ginalyn View Post

for gym music and workout music, I recommend european dance music.......

it's ALWAYS the best motivational tool for me...

.....and you don't have to tell anyone at the office if u just listen to it on the mp3 player at the gym ....

.... here's a compilation series on itunes that I recommend:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...Club+Hits+Vol+

This is my first playlist:

LCD SoundSystem\t- Nike + Original Run (45:33)

This is my second playlist:

Calvin Harris - Acceptable in the 80s

LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends

Elbow - Any Day Now

Dramarama - Anything, Anything (I'll Give You)

Vampire Weekend - A-Punk

Inspiral Carpets - Beast Inside

LCD Soundsystem - Beat Connection

Pet Shop Boys - Bet She's Not Your Girlfriend

The Thrills - Big Sur

Placebo - Bionic

Doves - Black and White Town

New Order - Blue Monday

The Brand New Heavies - Bnh

Underworld - Born Slippy Nuxx

Phish - Bouncing Around The Room

The Stone Roses - Breaking Into Heaven

Erasure - Breath Of Life

Led Zeppelin - Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

Muse - Butterflies & Hurricanes

Chemical Brothers - Chemical Beats

The Bees - Chicken Payback

The Cure - Club America

Kasabian - Club Foot

Inspiral Carpets - Commercial Reign

Martin Gore - Compulsion

New Order - Confusion

808 State - Cübik

Underworld - Cups

ABBA - Dancing Queen

Suharit Siamwalla - Digital Punk

Placebo - Drag

The Brand New Heavies - Dream Come True

Prince - Erotic City

Elbow - Fallen Angel

Chromeo - Fancy Footwork

Suede - Filmstar

New Order - Fine time

The Streets - Fit But You Know It

The Stone Roses - Fools Gold

Brian Eno - Fractal Zoom

Dave Grusin - Fratelli Chase

The Cure - Friday I'm In Love

Led Zeppelin - Gallows Pole

LCD Soundsystem - Get Innocuous

The Music - Getaway

Devo - Girl U Want

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give It Away

LCD Soundsystem - Give It Up

Faithless - God Is A DJ

Violent Femmes - Gone Daddy Gone

Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

I actually set this up as my playlist for the Phase game, and it's perfectly suitable for running as well... in fact I think I'm going to tend to like it more than the LCD running track, which is a bit monotonous.
  • Reply 38 of 44
    Hi guys i m newbie...

Actually I m pissed why? because my wife and I are both equiped with the nano and nike plus and everything which goes with it... so what?

Since we are equiped we go to jog every two days and each time the resume after jog displayed on our nano gives very different datas... she has about 1km more than I and she runs faster than me because on her screen it is written at least a gap of less 2 km/mn than mine...

well the full story is that we run together with the same path, same speed, same time same...

so her datas are correct because we checked but mine are wrong

Accordingly, I m fade up of my data recorded on the website because it is not corresponding to real...

I ve tried many times to calibrate but still a disaster I think the nano is calculating how many impulsions there are within 400 meters but why it is so wrong?

Have you met already this problem? if yes did you solve it? How?
  • Reply 39 of 44
    f1turbof1turbo Posts: 257member
    Did you calibrate your nano/Nike+?

Both of you should calibrate the units vs. using the built in default. You need a measured distance to calibrate. A 400m track is ideal. I think it's a good idea to be warmed up before you calibrate too, so your stride will be consistent.
  • Reply 40 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by F1Turbo View Post

Did you calibrate your nano/Nike+?

Both of you should calibrate the units vs. using the built in default. You need a measured distance to calibrate. A 400m track is ideal. I think it's a good idea to be warmed up before you calibrate too, so your stride will be consistent.

Thank you for your response but I did calibrate as you mention and several times.... My wife did also but just once... Me I should did it 3 or 4 times and the differences still persisting...