Paris Expo & MWSf 07 predictions

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
lets get the party started:

Paris Expo:

New procs accross the line sans MP/Xserve

MacPro with one proc and a few more consumer friendly features in the ~$1000 range

iPod/iTunes stuff

Movie rental/buying store

MWSF:

New iLife and iWork

same 10.5 demo we saw today*

23 inch iMac HD

and the wild card: ipod/pda hibryd, iPhone, whatever...

Special event 48 HRS before the Vista consumer release shindig and fanfair:

All of the "top secret" 10.5 goodness...for the first time in a while, offered as a live broadcast to anyone willing to take it, G4, CNBC, Bloomberg, or hell, maybe a simalcast deal with MTV...

* depends when the special happens, it looks as though the consumer vista push will begin in mid-q1 07

Comments

• Reply 1 of 31
    Can't forget the Mac Pro Extreme - 8 core Clovertowns for MWSF.
  • Reply 2 of 31
    kenaustuskenaustus Posts: 924member
    Intel should be delivering sufficient Core 2s in all lines to bump up at least the MBP and iMac at Paris. Don't think the MB has a chance until MWSF, unless they put a Core 2 in it for the Christmas buying season.

A mid range headless Mac would do well I think, but that's because I have a 23" display in the office attached to a G4 PB and the mid range would be perfect for me.

Paris is a natural for iPods, if they are ready. Would build up a demand for the Holidays, which would make Apple (and Wall Street) very happy.
  • Reply 3 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer

lets get the party started:

Paris Expo:

New procs accross the line sans MP/Xserve

MacPro with one proc and a few more consumer friendly features in the ~$1000 range

iPod/iTunes stuff

Movie rental/buying store

MWSF:

New iLife and iWork

same 10.5 demo we saw today*

23 inch iMac HD

and the wild card: ipod/pda hibryd, iPhone, whatever...

I would expect more then just a speed increase to the iMac in Paris. It'll be two years exactly since the arrival of the current iMac. So if a 23 inch iMac HD were to come out I think Paris would be the spot.
  • Reply 4 of 31
    I think Paris would definitely be the place the iPods get something. The iTunes Music Store in Europe has been a huge hit, and I could easily see Apple trying market their product even more by adding more hype to the iPod and iTunes over there.

But for Christ's sake, Steve, I start school in one month. Get me a goddamn Merom MBP...
  • Reply 5 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

I think Paris would definitely be the place the iPods get something. The iTunes Music Store in Europe has been a huge hit, and I could easily see Apple trying market their product even more by adding more hype to the iPod and iTunes over there.

But for Christ's sake, Steve, I start school in one month. Get me a goddamn Merom MBP...

Yeah I would like to see Merom in the MBP soon too. I was going to buy one a few weeks ago, but decided to wait, I know it will be worth it, but damn, how long do I have to wait?! I hope they come out late this month or within the first 2 weeks of September. Is this a possibility or no??
  • Reply 6 of 31
    b3ns0nb3ns0n Posts: 95member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Digital Disasta

Yeah I would like to see Merom in the MBP soon too. I was going to buy one a few weeks ago, but decided to wait, I know it will be worth it, but damn, how long do I have to wait?! I hope they come out late this month or within the first 2 weeks of September. Is this a possibility or no??

I hope Apple actually lose some business if they don't update their MBPs before the UK uni term starts, maybe they'll learn that way.
  • Reply 7 of 31
    Stupid question, but when is the Paris Expo?

Nevermind, I found out in another thread.
  • Reply 8 of 31
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blackbird_1.0

Stupid question, but when is the Paris Expo?

Nevermind, I found out in another thread.

So when you found the answer, you should have posted it for those of us (me) to lazy to look it up for myself. Sometime in late september if I am not mistaken.
  • Reply 9 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball

So when you found the answer, you should have posted it for those of us (me) to lazy to look it up for myself. Sometime in late september if I am not mistaken.

September 12-16.

http://www.apple.com/pr/events/
  • Reply 10 of 31
    So you guys think that the MBP's will be upgraded before the Paris Expo? I think we've waited long enough haha. I want to by a Mac Pro too, but I want to wait and see if they have any problems, kinda like what I did with the MBP's...
  • Reply 11 of 31
    kenaustuskenaustus Posts: 924member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by b3ns0n

I hope Apple actually lose some business if they don't update their MBPs before the UK uni term starts, maybe they'll learn that way.

It's probably Intel and their delivery of the chips that's causing the delays. I have a feeling that Intel is working on deliveries as hard as they can and that Apple will move as fast as they can when sufficient supplies are in hand. I wouldn't be surprised to see Apple start using Core 2 before an announcement - they could clear out all the old Cores and start delivering Core 2s from that point on.
  • Reply 12 of 31
    Speed bumps to MacBook and MBP at paris. Thats it. Apple can now get 100's of media to come to their "Special" keynotes. Keep it in the states and keep the media attention high.
  • Reply 13 of 31
    Is Steve giving the keynote in Paris, or for that matter, is there going to be a keynote at all? Last year it was cancelled if I recall correctly.
  • Reply 14 of 31
    Someone posted in another thread that there are currently no keynotes scheduled and there probably won't be any.

I don't know for sure. But they don't need a keynote to make an announcement. Hell, the MacBook's were announced by changing the Apple website.
  • Reply 15 of 31
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I sincerely doubt they'll bump the processors at an event like the Paris Expo. It'll just happen some tuesday morning.
  • Reply 16 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell

I sincerely doubt they'll bump the processors at an event like the Paris Expo. It'll just happen some tuesday morning.

Paris starts on a Tuesday and happens to be the event that the G5 iMac was unvailed. It's possible. Hopefully it will just be "some Tuesday" before then though.
  • Reply 17 of 31
    In another thread, I questioned whether a new iMac would be available in September or January. Personally, I thought January at MWSF (perhaps with a new video chipset as well); however, I'm really hoping for a September update of the iMac! Just throw that Conroe in there, baby!

Keeping fingers crossed for Paris, but will be forced to make my purchase no later than mid-October so I can get my final claim into my insurance company (lightning damage).

--DotComCTO
  • Reply 18 of 31
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    IMO iMac and MBP will get core 2 chips by Paris expo if not sooner. Apple gets the special treatment from Intel to push their (Intel's) new technology faster than the pc players like Dell. Dell is now just starting to promote core 2 systems at their website so I don't think Apple will be far behind. At least I hope not.
  • Reply 19 of 31
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jdcfsu

Paris starts on a Tuesday and happens to be the event that the G5 iMac was unvailed. It's possible. Hopefully it will just be "some Tuesday" before then though.

That was an all-new Mac. They introduce all-new products at expos, but they don't do speed-bumps. It's been probably 5 years since they've done speed-bumps at expos.
  • Reply 20 of 31
    Here's my list of possible products released from now until Paris Expo.

Macs

*Conroe iMac (Perhaps a new 23" HD version at the high end and a 20" version at the low end... 17" for education)

*MacBook Pro with Merom (17" version with the 2.33 GHz processor, 15.4" will have the 2.16 GHz processor upgradable to 2.33 GHz at the high end version a and a 2.0 GHz version at the low end)

*MacBook - small speed bump to 2.0 GHz and 2.16 GHz "Yonah" (perhaps an upgrade for the Intel IG to the new X3000)

*Mac Mini - small speed bump to 1.83 GHz and 2.0 Ghz "Yonah" perhaps an upgrade for the Intel IG to the new X3000)

iPods

*iPod Nano - new enclosure, larger capacity (4GB - 8GB)

*iPod Video - new enclosure, large capacity (40GB - 80GB)

*Price cuts???

Software

Not sure what we will get here but...

*We'll probably get update .8 sometime before christmas

*Perhaps an update to Aperture .2 (same as above)

Thats about everything I can think of... but I probably missed something... again

PS. Not everything I've mentioned I believe will be released by the Paris Expo but I do believe everthing will be update before christmas!!