iSight 2.0

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jumpyspider

Any reason why the remote couldn't be a bluetooth device?

Just a thought.

On the MacBooks battery conservation is a big deal. On the Mac Pro I think that could be a viable option since IR will not work well for all the reasons people have already mentioned.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    pmjoepmjoe Posts: 565member
    I'm left wondering if there is any reason why the current iSight couldn't detect the IR commands, outside of having the software to do it.

Beyond Front Row with the Apple Remote

iSight as IR Remote Detector
  • Reply 23 of 27
    pmjoepmjoe Posts: 565member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmjoe

I'm left wondering if there is any reason why the current iSight couldn't detect the IR commands, outside of having the software to do it.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they release a new iSight with a built-in IR sensor along with a remote. In fact, I'd probably buy one.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmjoe

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they release a new iSight with a built-in IR sensor along with a remote. In fact, I'd probably buy one.

Me too.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stustanley

oooo i know this one

the reason the iSight has dissapeared (along with the airport express (i think) base station and others) is because it did not conform to new EU regulations (bought in on 1st July) about the materials that can be used in products. (they contain mercury or something like that which is no longer allowed by the EU!)

stu

However, I saw them on sale in the Bluewater, UK store just last week. I saw them and thought that they were on the list of banned items... Strange...
  • Reply 26 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by danielctull

However, I saw them on sale in the Bluewater, UK store just last week. I saw them and thought that they were on the list of banned items... Strange...

I'm pretty sure that the new requirements only apply from that date on, so iSights that were produced before the date the requirements came into effect are still allowed to be on the shelf for at least a limited amount of time. That way Apple doesn't lose any money.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    i hope they make a new external isight though...i want one!!!!!!