Apple: Steve is in good health

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ryanx27

you mean, to "recupertino-ate"

HAR HAR

You registered just to say that? Can I get my 2 seconds back???
  • Reply 22 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MovieCutter

• Reply 23 of 31
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MovieCutter

Took you two seconds? Better work on your reading bit.
  • Reply 24 of 31
    -------------

-------------
  • Reply 25 of 31
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ryanx27

you mean, to "recupertino-ate"

HAR HAR

I thought it was GENIUS!
  • Reply 26 of 31
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stormchild

Well, I really hope that's true, but honestly I have to say, I saw it too. Jobs looked noticeably different than his last public appearance, and also seemed to be having trouble remembering his train of thought at several moments. It was out of character for a guy known for his remarkable speaking skills. Whether he's got a deeper health issue or not, he definitely wasn't on the ball that day, and that's a pretty rare miss for Jobs.

I agree, the concept of telling everyone "THE BOSS IS FINE, GET BACK TO WORK" keeps stock prices up.

If Jobs is sick, even temporarirly they won't tell anyone until the last possible moment and only if they have to.

If it's the cancer again, we won't know for a long time, if ever.
  • Reply 27 of 31
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monkeyastronaut

Steve should be grooming a successor. He probably is. He can't be around forever.

Sure he can; they will just put his head in a jar...

Nixon did it!

• Reply 28 of 31
    ptrashptrash Posts: 296member
    I heard a rumor the plan is to pick his successor from the AI boards.

Make sure your comments are concise, visionary and prosperly spelled.
  • Reply 29 of 31
    Quote:

Jobs is the heart and soul of Apple. The company slowly withered away without him (even though it had talented engineers and great products), and surged back to life and prosperity when he returned. I don't think there's anyone who could fill that guy's shoes, and in a way it's a bit scary. What would Apple do without him?

Prosper, if he sets it up correctly. As another poster noted, SJ won't be around forever - no one gets out of this game alive. SJ has a responsibility to groom at least one, perhaps more future leaders of Apple. Tying up Apple's life with Steve's is a foolish mistake. Those who are familiar with the biblical story of the death of Moses/Moshe know that his body was perhaps hidden so that the people would stop focusing on him in a cult of personality and rather focus on the message of living an ethical life in the promised land according to the given biblical commandments. Isn't Steve's message and examples of aspiring for elegant, intelligent design in technology ultimately more important than Steve himself?
  • Reply 30 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by geekstud

Prosper, if he sets it up correctly. As another poster noted, SJ won't be around forever - no one gets out of this game alive. SJ has a responsibility to groom at least one, perhaps more future leaders of Apple. Tying up Apple's life with Steve's is a foolish mistake. Those who are familiar with the biblical story of the death of Moses/Moshe know that his body was perhaps hidden so that the people would stop focusing on him in a cult of personality and rather focus on the message of living an ethical life in the promised land according to the given biblical commandments. Isn't Steve's message and examples of aspiring for elegant, intelligent design in technology ultimately more important than Steve himself?

Well put.
  • Reply 31 of 31
    Well,

the PRs had some ulterior motive when POSTPONING THE KEYNOTE in Paris

;-((