Apple toying with display actuators for electronics devices

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella

I could see this used in an eBook reader

- Only basic imput is required most of the time, turn page, scroll, dog ear, etc...

- Allow for maximum screen size, most eBooks are too small

- Apple simplicity, no buttons

not to mention that they already have the infrastructure to sell eBooks just like music.

Imagine being able to carry hundreds or thousands of books around in a device that is the size of the MacBooks screen.

You could subscribe to PDFcasts and they would sync daily to your Apple eBook reader.

You're not the first to think of this, that was me in 1726. You're dead right though, this eBook thing for Apple is an absolute certainty IMO. There's simply no way in hell it can't happen.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

You're not the first to think of this, that was me in 1726.

Hahahah.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    Also included in the patent is a design for a built in moist hand wipe dispenser, so the display stays clear of fingerprints. Sell it cheap, and make a killing on mini-hand wipe refill packs.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    bdj21yabdj21ya Posts: 297member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Junkyard Dawg

Also included in the patent is a design for a built in moist hand wipe dispenser, so the display stays clear of fingerprints. Sell it cheap, and make a killing on mini-hand wipe refill packs.

I don't know, I'm kind of with the crowd who says that fingerprints on a screen don't really affect my ability to read whats behind them.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcloki

Think remote control.

Yeah! we talked about this when the current remote came out!

I said there should be a 'menu' button and the rest should be navigation and select buttons so you could theoretically have control over all devices with 1 remote--a REAL remote, programmable by computer so it would always have full and perfect control over everything (INCLUDING 3rd party stuff).

It'd probably be bluetooth, as well as IR, so you could have your computer in the other room and operate front row with some sort of airport express AV.

As far as legibility.. a green, sideways, triangle's going to be obvious no matter how many fingerprints are on it.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    xaqtlyxaqtly Posts: 450member
    I want that optimus keyboard so much. But I'm not willing to pay the $2k for it or whatever it will cost. Hopefully in 10 years that sort of thing will be commonplace.