Jobs passes on Apple Expo keynote

Comments

• Reply 41 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by minderbinder

As usual, AI has updated the article without noting it.

Come ON guys. If you're going to do this could you at least put a note at the end of the article saying "edited 8:27 to add..." Otherwise EVERY thread has people arguing over things in the article that have changed.

Seriously. Please.

I should have suspected as much... AI has always done this... If they are wrong, instead of a strikethrough and then a correction they just correct it without any notification.

I don't know why they would do this other than to not look like they made a mistake... but really, updating and not informing us is poor journalism.

I also reccomend updates are noted.
  • Reply 42 of 65
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Matthew Yohe

I should have suspected as much... AI has always done this... If they are wrong, instead of a strikethrough and then a correction they just correct it without any notification.

I don't know why they would do this other than to not look like they made a mistake... but really, updating and not informing us is poor journalism.

I also reccomend updates are noted.

That's true. They should properly issue corrections as the Times, and other journals do. It's one reason why many think these online sites are NOT true news journals.
  • Reply 43 of 65
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fuyutsuki

Ouch! If it ever does come to that, consider the tech world a poorer place. I can't see how Steve could keep ontop of new product development with "family visits" by Ive, Serlet and co. alone ... man that would suck! Expect crisis at Apple and stagnation across the entire industry.

Of course, Steve's smarter than Martha Stewart. If it ever did get out of control, he could do a runner to Taiwan* in Apple's private jet. Being closer to the heart of Apple's production might even do him and the company a little good. Certainly spending more time out of the already healthy Mac market in the US might open his eyes a bit to the need to expand.

*Taiwan isn't recognised as a country by the US or most nations in the world. That's because of Nixon's deal with Beijing in the 1970's that communist China take over Taiwan's seat in the UN. AFAIK getting someone extradited from Taiwan may be very difficult. Even if this is not the case, there are plenty of places to zip off to without extradition treaties if you keep your options open.

But seriously, the chances of any of this happening are PowerBook G5 bad!

Now we know who was advising Osama bin Laden. Didn't work very well, though....
  • Reply 44 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by meelash

Sure it did. He's still out there, isn't he?
  • Reply 45 of 65
    rainrain Posts: 538member
    Just so you guys know, I have it on real good source that there will be a new iShuffle released. It will be made of anodized aluminum. It will be part ishuffle, part ipod mini. Or kinda replacing the mini.

Also the new iPod video will be focused on games. Apparently, there will lots of games for downloading.

A new version of iTunes will also be released.

My sources are solid.
  • Reply 46 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rain

Just so you guys know, I have it on real good source that there will be a new iShuffle released. It will be made of anodized aluminum. It will be part ishuffle, part ipod mini. Or kinda replacing the mini.

Also the new iPod video will be focused on games. Apparently, there will lots of games for downloading.

My sources are solid.

My sources are solid. Just because I don't even know the name of the product I'm talking about doesn't mean I'm full of it, I swear!
  • Reply 47 of 65
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:

It's not Apple's private Jet. It's his Gulfstream Jet.

http://www.gulfstream.com/news/relea.../stevejobs.htm
  • Reply 48 of 65
    doh123doh123 Posts: 323member
    Quote:

My sources are solid.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

no such thing as an ishuffle, and the mini was replaced a long time ago with the nano....

if you were trying to be funny, need to try a bit harder
  • Reply 49 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by doh123

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

no such thing as an ishuffle, and the mini was replaced a long time ago with the nano....

if you were trying to be funny, need to try a bit harder

He probably got that from the rumors saying that the new Nano's will go back to an anodized case.
  • Reply 50 of 65
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross

He probably got that from the rumors saying that the new Nano's will go back to an anodized case.

Yeah, hi Melgross, that's the thing I was thinking. Don't know why some of y'all are making fun of Rain, it is possible as per previous rumours there will be some sort of iPod mini-like hard-metal iPod in a small form factor, possibly something between the shuffle and the nano. I have to agree though that iShuffle sounds just... wrong...
  • Reply 51 of 65
    Quote:

....Also the new iPod video will be focused on games. Apparently, there will lots of games for downloading.....

I want Half-Life 3 for iPod !!!111one!!1!! Not making fun of you, just me being silly as usual.
  • Reply 52 of 65
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

Yeah, hi Melgross, that's the thing I was thinking. Don't know why some of y'all are making fun of Rain, it is possible as per previous rumours there will be some sort of iPod mini-like hard-metal iPod in a small form factor, possibly something between the shuffle and the nano. I have to agree though that iShuffle sounds just... wrong...

Isn't iShuffle just being used as a shorthand for iPod Shuffle? I wouldn't read into it any more than that, though I wouldn't read too much into any of these rumors. That's the problem with rumors, there are so many to choose from, for every grain of truth, there may be a dozen false leads.
  • Reply 53 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM

Isn't iShuffle just being used as a shorthand for iPod Shuffle?

Who knows what was meant. We do know that Rain is getting the postings he wanted.

Quote:

I wouldn't read into it any more than that, though I wouldn't read too much into any of these rumors. That's the problem with rumors, there are so many to choose from, for every grain of truth, there may be a dozen false leads.

There will always be one correct rumor, if there are enough of them. Sometimes the rumor turns out to be true, but likely not for the reasons given.
  • Reply 54 of 65
    If Jobs ain't talkin'....then I ain't goin'. I mean, why bother if The Big Man won't lead the Keynote?

Anyone want my 1st Class ticket?
  • Reply 55 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac~N~Cheese

If Jobs ain't talkin'....then I ain't goin'. I mean, why bother if The Big Man won't lead the Keynote?...

Boy, maybe the fuel prices are getting to Jobz as well. His Gulfstream joints aint cheap. I think he'd rather put the money into a really really cool new Zen garden at his ranch.
  • Reply 56 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac~N~Cheese

Anyone want my 1st Class ticket?

I'd take up your offer but probably would get busted at the check-in gate for carrying a bottle of Sprite or something... 'coz I look Middle Eastern or something...
  • Reply 57 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

I'd take up your offer but probably would get busted at the check-in gate for carrying a bottle of Sprite or something... 'coz I look Middle Eastern or something...

Middle Eastern, or Far Eastern?

I'm from New York, so I look Far Eastern as well.
  • Reply 58 of 65
    Quote:

They probably only posted half by mistake. Because the time between the update and the original was pretty short...

Tends to happen to those of us waiting for every little bit of information about Apple. I admit it...
  • Reply 59 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross

That's true. They should properly issue corrections as the Times, and other journals do. It's one reason why many think these online sites are NOT true news journals.

If anyone is taking a poll, I'd definitely be in favor of a strikethrough in the original article, or edit notes... It'd go a long way trying to keep every nitpicker and his grandmother from making snide comments.
  • Reply 60 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich

If anyone is taking a poll, I'd definitely be in favor of a strikethrough in the original article, or edit notes... It'd go a long way trying to keep every nitpicker and his grandmother from making snide comments.

News organizarions keep the history of their ENTIRE situation, including Ads. They don't make changes without noting it.