Airline may restrict use of Apple notebooks

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Celemourn

Was it a small local or regional carrier? I'm specifically refering to the fractional ownership/private jet type deals. Not just small carriers.

Boy, I'm doing a really good job of obfuscating this one.

I've flown on both. Even regional carriers don't get to many places.

By the way, I don't recommend most small commercial prop planes, they are NOISY!
  • Reply 62 of 66
    kolchakkolchak Posts: 1,398member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Louzer

Yes because all passengers will love it when those laptops catch fire, smoke fills the cabin and fire suppression systems kick in. Great for the image and customer satisfaction (its a freakin' amusement park ride all by itself!).

Of course, it makes the assumption the systems will kick in before the laptop sets other parts of the plane on fire.

You must have flunked science. Your understanding of aircraft engineering is abysmal.
  • Reply 63 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kolchak

The bigwigs at Qantas are apparently not top guns when it comes to brainpower. Expert after expert has said that the fire suppression systems on commercial aircraft are more than adequate to extinguish a battery fire in the cabin.

why take the risk?

i happen to agree with you its silly, but not because of the ability to put out a fire, but because the odds are so low that it would happen...

i guess their feeling is, again, why take the risk. cant say i blame them when an airliner, lives and money are all at stake.
  • Reply 64 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tag Me Back

Is this to say that apple has finally captured the Al-Qaeda market from Dell?

• Reply 65 of 66
    While we're on Australian airlines, here's proof that they're all clueless...Virgin Blue making a boarding call for Mr Al Kyder and Mr Terry Wrist. http://www.theage.com.au/news/nation...407999231.html

You can download the TV show this was on (The Chaser) as a video podcast in iTunes incidently. Oh, and Koalas are NOT bears. Common misconception, but an annoying one.
  • Reply 66 of 66
    Its time we as mac users face facts. That little lens we call an iSight in our mac books are motion sensors. When the iSight senses too little movement and an airplane environment it sends a trigger to the battery that makes the battery explode. Man the NSA is right on Apples trail of bombs and deceit. \