What do you think of iTunes 7 interface elements, will Leopard adopt the same look?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    How can you people love it? :O
  • Reply 22 of 27
    I hate the new theme. Aqua and Aqua Unified are my favorite themes, I would be very disheartened if Apple abandoned Aqua for 10.5.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    I love the direction it's going in... but it feels a little too rushed.

Personally, I love the widget scroll bars, but not the colors. The buttons on the bottom are really nice, but still need a bit more tweaking. The playlist selection in the source panel is a bit ugly.

As for the Aqua lovers, I used to really like it too. Five years ago.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    I didn't own a Mac when Aqua first came out, but I recall reading that there were complaints that the interface was too shiny/bright/colorful. I also seem to recall seeing buttons on Apple's web site that were extremely bright, almost fluorescent, like the ones street racers put under their cars, with a drop shadow that was the same color. Does anyone have pictures of what the original Aqua UI looked like?

I like the new iTunes interface, but I would like to see Apple combine elements from Mail and iTunes for the new theme in Leopard.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by troberts

I didn't own a Mac when Aqua first came out, but I recall reading that there were complaints that the interface was too shiny/bright/colorful. I also seem to recall seeing buttons on Apple's web site that were extremely bright, almost fluorescent, like the ones street racers put under their cars, with a drop shadow that was the same color. Does anyone have pictures of what the original Aqua UI looked like?

I like the new iTunes interface, but I would like to see Apple combine elements from Mail and iTunes for the new theme in Leopard.

It looked similar to the way it does now, except with more pinstripes: right now you can only vaguely see them in Aqua windows like the System Preferences.

They were everywhere: the menubar, window titles, the dock, and a lot darker.

OS X has actually gotten shinier since.

Here was OS X 10.1:

It looks kinda terrible, but keep in mind what Windows (then I think 98 was the most popular) and Mac OS 8 looked like at the time When they released it, it was the most beautiful thing ever.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by meelash

I like it, but it kinda looks sort of OS 9-y to me, no? Not Aqua at all....

YES! BRING BACK OS 9!

Geneva 9 was the best font evar... besides maybe chicago.

For the record, I liked OS 10.1 because it looked like a pack of lucky strikes (cigarettes)
  • Reply 27 of 27
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    For the fellow "new-iTunes7-UI-dislikers" you may be interested in this:

re-aquafy iTunes 7