Notes: Apple renames iTunes store, acquires Cover Flow

2»

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 35
    CoverFlow in iTunes 7 is nice, but the new advanced browser modes only works in the library, and not on connected devices (such as iPods)... which is crap, cuz I've got all my music on my iPod, and none on my computer. So these new browser modes do me nothing



    (I've got a powerbook, that's why I can't have any music on my hard drive.. it's full of work, all the time, and Photoshop is eating gig after gig each time I work with it.. so.. )
  • Reply 22 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shetline


    I'm used to using the abbreviation "iTMS" to refer to the online entity through which Apple sells music (and now videos and whatnot). Does this mean I should start using "iTS" instead? That just doesn't work for me. \



    They could have changed to iTunes Media Store in my opinion. So we could keep the acronym.
  • Reply 23 of 35
    Should Be Called The Istore!
  • Reply 24 of 35
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 31,338member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zandros


    They could have changed to iTunes Media Store in my opinion. So we could keep the acronym.



    I was thinking the same thing, but then remembered that media also means blank recordable media, so they may have wanted to prevent the confusion some might get trying to find it on the site, or having it show during Google media searches.
  • Reply 25 of 35
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross


    I was thinking the same thing, but then remembered that media also means blank recordable media, so they may have wanted to prevent the confusion some might get trying to find it on the site, or having it show during Google media searches.



    How about iTunes Mega Store? iTunes Music and other stuff Store? iTunes Monetary Siphon?
  • Reply 26 of 35
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 31,338member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shetline


    How about iTunes Mega Store? iTunes Music and other stuff Store? iTunes Monetary Siphon?



    KISS!
  • Reply 27 of 35
    iStore sounds nice. but iTunes Store does well too. i like it.
  • Reply 28 of 35
    I think that there is too much name power behind iTunes to cut it from the store name. Though it obviously doesn't fit the current if you think about the make-up of the word; the fact is that "iTunes" (the term) is now defining the store and the whole user experience, not the other way around.
  • Reply 29 of 35
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross


    KISS!



    Kewl Itunes Song Service? But that sucks!
  • Reply 30 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shetline


    Kewl Itunes Song Service? But that sucks!



    Sorry Melgross, but if that's what it is, it really does suck. I just assumed you were Kissing Shetline for his brilliant suggestions. My, this has gotten a little to friendly for me!
  • Reply 31 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdj21ya


    Sorry Melgross, but if that's what it is, it really does suck. I just assumed you were Kissing Shetline for his brilliant suggestions. My, this has gotten a little to friendly for me!



    Keep It Simple Stupid!
  • Reply 32 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdj21ya


    I'm pretty sure the "old" Nano was billed as being less than an ounce.



    I got those figures directly from the Apple technical specification pages for the old and new Nanos.



    Old: 1.5 oz

    New: 1.41 oz
  • Reply 33 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich


    Keep It Simple Stupid!



    Or, as an old boss of mine used to say:

    "Keep it simple and stupid!"
  • Reply 34 of 35
    ... or alternately, Keep It Stupid, Simple!
  • Reply 35 of 35
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 31,338member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdj21ya


    Sorry Melgross, but if that's what it is, it really does suck. I just assumed you were Kissing Shetline for his brilliant suggestions. My, this has gotten a little to friendly for me!



    SpamSandwitch seems to have gotten it right.
Sign In or Register to comment.