Unboxing Apple's black 8GB second-gen iPod nano

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    AI you are such a tease... You show us the complete package, it starts to strip and then just as my fingers begin to tremble it's all over! C'mom, crack it upen. I wanna see it with no clothes at all.
  • Reply 22 of 36
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    I'm all for smaller packaging/less fuel to transport. But is all that plastic trash marked for recycling, and commonly (#1 and #2) able to be recycled?
  • Reply 23 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Barabas

AI you are such a tease... You show us the complete package, it starts to strip and then just as my fingers begin to tremble it's all over! C'mom, crack it upen. I wanna see it with no clothes at all.

Pervert. Looky here.
  • Reply 24 of 36
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    WOW. That is really a nice looking iPod. I'm going to guess this will be the most popular seller this holiday season. The matte black is beautiful.
  • Reply 25 of 36

Ordered from Amazon on September 13th, but Amazon indicates delivery ETA of November 27th!

Did this to avoid sales tax and shipping charges, I can always cancel if a similar deal can be had sooner elsewhere.

I kinda thought Amazon would be one of the first to receive product from Apple (after Apple serves itself first of course). But 2 month delay? Gee, do you think Apple wants to maximize their margin (Apple's website + Apple retail stores only locations currently shipping) based on high early demand? Or, perhaps the 2G nano is only available in limited supply at this time (i. e. Apple serves itself first).

Sigh, either way this makes perfect business sense!

Or perhaps Amazon sold out already on initial stock?

BTW, does anyone have any experience with high end earbuds ($100-$500 range), or noise cancelling earbuds, I have a 4GB 1G nano (white, no scratches), and have been thinking of upgrading the included buds for some time now. Of course, I'd like something in black for the 2G nano (might consider something cheaper for the white 1G nano, though).

Thanks in advance.

• Reply 26 of 36
    wow. somebody got a macro lens for christmas.
  • Reply 27 of 36
    Also with the 8GB model, Apple uses black injection-molded plastic for the top and base of the player.

i love this black beauty even more, i didn't know it was black on top and bottom, ordered mine on the 13th, been told it has shipped and will be here on or before the 21st,

now i wonder if they are going to make a black shuffle????
  • Reply 28 of 36
    does anyone want to enlighten me as to what the hell that useless piece of plastic that comes with the ipod nano (read: not the headphones, the usb cable, or the nano itself) is (read: yes, the 'nano itself' part is a joke)? I've had a nano for over a year and I still can't figure it out.
  • Reply 29 of 36
    Quote:

wow. somebody got a macro lens for christmas.

Now, if they'd just read the part of the manual about the aperture priority setting.
  • Reply 30 of 36
    My problem with the macro shots is that they add NO benefit whatsoever. What point is there to see the headphone jack from half an inch away?
  • Reply 31 of 36
    akacakac Posts: 512member
    I like the macro shots. I've always wanted to see the real details of a unit.
  • Reply 33 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Akac

I've always wanted to see the real details of a unit.

Do you ever go down to your local Apple Store to look at stuff? Hold it up real close and look at it all you want.

• Reply 34 of 36

That was a great sketch!!
  • Reply 35 of 36
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Kind of a "duh" moment, but I just realized that the previous form factor was partly limited by the size of a CD. The new one won't fit a CD, so you must download iTunes if you don't have it.

The new clear case seems pretty thick. Someone here compared it to the iPod socks box, but that was very thin folded plastic box, this box looks quite a bit thicker, and it's molded.