How many here are buying a Merom MBP?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H

I'm waiting for the Santa Rosa chipset which will unlock all of Merom's potential. Due around March - June 2007.

I'm waiting for Santa Rosa which has Robson and 802.11n. If new MBPs are out next week, maybe the SR platform less than 6 months later. Moving to Merom is nice but boosting the FSB to 800 MHz is nicer plus all the other goodies. Maybe a new case, too.
  • Reply 22 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rolo

I'm waiting for Santa Rosa which has Robson and 802.11n. If new MBPs are out next week, maybe the SR platform less than 6 months later. Moving to Merom is nice but boosting the FSB to 800 MHz is nicer plus all the other goodies. Maybe a new case, too.

This is what I'm waiting for now too. Adobe should have it's universal binaries figured out by then too.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    I waited as long as I could, but after Sept 12, I needed my MBP by the next Monday, so I bought the 15" Yonah MBP. I'm disappointed that I couldn't hold out, but after yesterday passed and still no Merom MBP, I know I made the right decision. Loving it.
  • Reply 24 of 32
    WHY would I buy a Merom MBP when the MacBook sans Pro is soo beautiful!!!!! I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!!!!!! MUWA!!!! KISSSS KISSS!!!! GLOSSY WHITE IS LIKE SO BEAUTIFUL. I wish it came in glossy black instead of matte, but it would scatch so easily so I don't mind, cause I like white better anyways.
  • Reply 25 of 32
    No vote unless the screen swivels into a tablet. Then I would have a use for a laptop.
  • Reply 26 of 32
    My TI83 doesnt do the trick anymore... So a MBP for me.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Damn...

My Pismo crashes every 10 minutes now.

Keeling over and flying about 3 ft (Hah, move over Wright bros.) down from the table wasn't very good for its health, I guess.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    Can't buy something that's not released

Kinda dissapointed in Apple - not keeping up with the X86 manufacturers..
  • Reply 29 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker

No vote unless the screen swivels into a tablet. Then I would have a use for a laptop.

I can't see this happening next week. Hopefully they change the latch, DL burner, screen res, more ram, and some other things like that, but i can't see them making it a tablet...That would be a whole new line of laptops I think.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by akerman

Kinda dissapointed in Apple - not keeping up with the X86 manufacturers..

Kinda disappointed in the X86 manufacturers not keeping up with Apple.

Now they're in the same boat as Apple, they should be as innovative, safe, design savvy and cool as Apple is.
  • Reply 31 of 32
    I too have been waiting to get my MBP after I heard of nearly everyone saying "hold off for merom". If it wasn't for that wait I would have ordered by now and I hope I don't live to regret it. I had priced my choice (17") and will be gutted if the wait brings a sting in its tail by a hike in price to match the new chip.

Thoughts on this?
  • Reply 32 of 32
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tartansparkle

Thoughts on this?

I think a price-hike is unlikely. Right now, the MacBook Pros are the least competitively priced of all Apple's hardware.