Major League Baseball pulls podcasts from iTunes

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    sjksjk Posts: 603member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeaPeaJay

There's only 2 or 3 sponsored results, and they're very easy to look over.

Yep, unlike the much more numerous uninteresting forum comments that aren't necessarily easy to overlook.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross

I disagree with both posts. These were being provided to Apple for free. They benefit Apple as well as MLB. Apple must learn to play with its content providers or they will find themselves bereft of any content. Then it will be the fans using iTunes who suffer. These podcasts will end up somewhere else where they will be more appreciated.

Well, I am assuming that the podcasts will still be available somewhere, and via rss, so....

All this does it make it harder for the uninformed fan to get the MLB podcast on their iPod. But they will still end up on iPods, through iTunes.

(unless they make them protected WMV)
  • Reply 23 of 24
    mcdavemcdave Posts: 1,927member
    Good on Apple for not allowing a content provider to dictate the iTS design.

Bad on Apple for not having better, channel-based navigation of the iTS content catalog (Podcasts & TV shows) with channels, zones, subject-based reviews, review/preview-podcasts and all the stuff TV networks, web-sites and other media delivery operations have been doing so well over the years.

iTS/Front Row is great as a content delivery system but the best way to decide what you want is still to look outside (radio/TV).

McD
  • Reply 24 of 24
    bah. let them take their podcasts whereever they want to take them. while i enjoy watching mlb, i don't particularly agree with the way the league is run.

nfl is king anyways.