methods of Propoganda and spin

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    finboyfinboy Posts: 383member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MarcUK

Profit controls virtually everything you see, read, hear and more disturbingly, what you think - And it needs to be pointed out regularly, because for someone, this might be *new* information, and they might want to act on it, lest they (un) willingly become another mindless drone.

Profit also controls everything you do. If it's not profitable for you, personally, you won't do it. Why should you expect that to be different for anyone else?
  • Reply 42 of 44
    What constitutes profit is important to consider, though. Extrinsic reward isn't he only profit. Intrinsic reward can be even more powerful. In this way, profit isn't inherently bad. Like all things, it's the meaning we ascribe to things. Mindless drones are all over the place-- even in counterculture.
  • Reply 43 of 44
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by finboy

Profit also controls everything you do. If it's not profitable for you, personally, you won't do it. Why should you expect that to be different for anyone else?

I agree - infact, i would go so far as to reject any notion of altruism in human behaviour. Everything we do, think, say, is for purely selfish reasons from the moment we wake up to the moment we sleep.

We do not love, have friends, make decisions, live our life for anything or anyone but ourselves. As soon as something becomes unprofitable we discard it. Sometimes we hang on to the feeling of hope in an unproftable situation because we hope that one day, the situation will change and that we can restore an unprofitable situation back into profit, but only if we can visualize the profit element outweighing a period of unprofitable. This often gets mistakingly labelled as 'morality' 'courage' or 'altruism'. But its wrong.

People dont help eachother out of group altruism as researchers have recently suggested, people realise that a period of giving can lead to a period of taking. If what you perceive you can take outweighs what you have to give, then you stick with it, if not you cut and run.

Its only because people dont fully grasp the rules of the game, that people are credited with being helpful, kind, friendly, loving, they're not at all. They're living in denial of themselves and have formulated a strategy to deal with it. Knowing this is how it works and playing along is even worse than not knowing this is how it works and just being a cog in the wheel. All they have is the hope that their period of giving will sway the opinion of others, so that at some point, they may take more than they have given.

Infact, the people that are all of the things, that people 'admire' are the worst kind of people. Fools, fakes and deceivers, who just don't know the rules of the game they are playing. Infact most people dont even realise there is a game, and it has rules.

So infact, propaganda is something everyone uses - for instance I didn't start a thread on propaganda because I give a fuck about any of you falling for it. It is solely because if I can influence someone to be on my side, the rules of this big game we are all stuck in start to tilt to balance to conditions that will give me profit. Every thread in every forum on the planet exists for this very reason. Were all assholes trying to influence the conditions that bring us profit.

Of course, most of you who dont realise we are all stuck playing a selfish game would think I am nasty and diabolical. And thats true, because I am nasty and diabolical, i want everything my way, and i want everyone to agree with me, and there are ways and means of achieving this that slip under the radar of most people. Of course, stating such a thing will instantly get me labelled as an asshat - yet I will take it on the chin, because although no-one likes to be known as an asshat, there is a selfish profit in this for me that outweighs the opinions of me, that most of you have.

And its true in everything - humanity is nothing but a bunch of assholes with varying degrees of understanding and sophistication in developing methods of achieving a selfish aim while ignorantly pretending to be something or standing for something they're not.

I guess you can either accept and endorse the rules, or deny the rules while still being controlled by them. I've chosen to accept that I am an asshole - so I might as well be one, becuase to be anything else, would be to be deceptive and manipulative of my true self. Of course, this is based on the vision that for every 1000 people that 'think' I am - while hypocritically pretending that they're not, then there will be one person who 'knows' I am, and accepts that they are too - and in a sophisticated way, that makes us less of an asshole - and there is my profit that makes it all worthwhile. Cunts.
  • Reply 44 of 44
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not, but... nicely put, if a bit strongly.

"My name is Kickaha, and I'm an asshat." "Hi Kickaha!"