New - Limewire Update.

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    [quote]Originally posted by Proud iBook Owner 2k2:

<strong>Ya know what? i give up. How do i remove the "SW" folder that was created when FINK was installed? Im gonna be turning my older power mac 8500 into a yellow dog linux box and ill experiment on there. So how do i remove Fink? what terminal command is required?</strong><hr></blockquote>

well, i dont like to hear that ur giving up, but to get rid of fink, just delete /sw. they made it so you could remove it very simply like that. you'll lose anything you installed with fink tho. for more fink info you can chk out their site <a href="http://fink.sf.net"; target="_blank">http://fink.sf.net</a>; . In terminal it's `sudo rm -rf /sw`. it may ask for an admin password.

if ur still interested in gnome and all, i can try and help with it. when gnome is running through XDarwin, aqua is actually running behind the scenes. XDarwin actually gives u the option of running both semi-seamlessly (rootless mode). If ur gonna run gnome tho, it gets kinda hairy competing with aqua. but, when u do run gnome you can switch with a keystroke. i dont remember the default one, cuz i chg'd mine, but its in the XDarwin preferences.

and, as far as the "can't create executables" it might mean u have low disk space or some kind of IO error. u may want to chk out ur hard disk. or, just try re-configuring.

instead of `sudo fink install &lt;xyz&gt;`, you can try `sudo apt-get install &lt;xyz&gt;`. apt-get doesn't build the things, it downloads the binaries. the downside is that it won't install unstables, only stable releases.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    ok i did that terminal delete command and now when i open a new term. windows heres what it says:

[quote] Welcome to Darwin!

/sw/bin/init.csh: No such file or directory.

<hr></blockquote>

How do i get rid of that message?
  • Reply 23 of 23
    never mind.. i killed it by doing pico .cshrc. the text editor thing... Finks site reminded me of that.