Apple reports $546M profit on revenues of $4.84B

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    hmmm....no mention of movie sales numbers. I was hopping to see those anounced to get a read on the advance of future movie offerings from other studio's other than Disney. The lack of specifics on these sales does not boost my hopes that Apple is getting further along with negotiation with the other studio's.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Elijahg

Heheh and Wu Ching Mong said iPod sales were not as good as last year. Pfft. Analysts...

Well done Apple! :-D

I don't recall that.

Where did you read that he said that iPod sales wouldn't be as good as last years quarter?
  • Reply 23 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by @homenow

hmmm....no mention of movie sales numbers. I was hopping to see those anounced to get a read on the advance of future movie offerings from other studio's other than Disney. The lack of specifics on these sales does not boost my hopes that Apple is getting further along with negotiation with the other studio's.

We won't see anything from other studios until after the holidays.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross

We won't see anything from other studios until after the holidays.

You would have thought that if the sales were at all remarkable, Apple would have said so, in order to wake up the other studios.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H

You would have thought that if the sales were at all remarkable, Apple would have said so, in order to wake up the other studios.

That's not the reason.

The widely circulated reports, which I'm sure you have seen, as they have been discussed here, are talking about the studio's wanting to wait until after the holiday season because the largest chunk of their DVD's sell during that season.

With the difficulties thay are having with WalMart and Target, they don't want to upset the sales cart until later.

Even if Apple announced a million sales, it wouldn't have mattered.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross

the studio's wanting to wait until after the holiday season because the largest chunk of their DVD's sell during that season.

Good point.