Matt or Glossy screen?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    Cross post from another thread, but, are the MBP glossy screens made any different to the Macbook screens? Better quality perhaps?

And, does anyone have any experience using a glossy screen for long periods of time, ie, 8 hour working days? Do they start to hurt your eyes?
  • Reply 22 of 26
    It's never hurt my eyes... then again I don't work outside with it (not that it should make a difference I suppose). I was comparing my MacBook screen to the MBP and I think the MBP does have a higher quality screen. Colours were richer and it seemed brighter.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    I went for the glosssy but I've noticed that the glossys have more of a back order, if you want it fast get a matte...
  • Reply 24 of 26
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    My wife has a Mac Book with the glossy and I have a Mac Book Pro with the matte. So I've seen both. You'll pry my matte from my cold dead hands.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo

My wife has a Mac Book with the glossy and I have a Mac Book Pro with the matte. So I've seen both. You'll pry my matte from my cold dead hands.

I went to have a look at the old MBP's and the glossy definitely had better colours..

My current Vaio laptop is glossy too so i think ill probably stick with that...

Cant be bothered to change the order a second time and having to wait 3 extra days again!
  • Reply 26 of 26
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    I went glossy on my MBP and it is fricken sweet. The only ever time I have had issues with glare was when I tried watching a dvd outside in broad daylight... couldn't see shit. But apart from that one time, every other time it is awesome. qtimes and pics just show up sweetly.