yeahhhhh....weatherpop is back!!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
go and download now.....i command you....g

<a href="http://www.glu.com/products/weatherpop/index.html"; target="_blank">WP site</a>

[ 09-04-2002: Message edited by: thegelding ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 38
    ****er didn't take my 1.3 serial number.

:hmm:
  • Reply 2 of 38
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Glad to see it back.
  • Reply 3 of 38
    seems a bit buggy though....1.4 was working great for me till the big meltdown...1.5 (latest build) isn't updating unless i quit and restart the program....plus it tells me it is sunny at 10:43 at night....hope for quick fixes....wonder why the don't use yahoo weather anymore?? g
  • Reply 4 of 38
    [quote]Originally posted by thegelding:

<strong>seems a bit buggy though....1.4 was working great for me till the big meltdown...1.5 (latest build) isn't updating unless i quit and restart the program....plus it tells me it is sunny at 10:43 at night....hope for quick fixes....wonder why the don't use yahoo weather anymore?? g</strong><hr></blockquote>

yeah i deleted it because it was sunny.

something about using aol servers = bad news.
  • Reply 5 of 38
    donnydonny Posts: 231member
    Sunny in the dead of night for me too.... But I find the temperature guage on my menu bar nice, and it allows easy access to the weather. I do hope an update follows soon...
  • Reply 6 of 38
    <a href="http://www.glu.com/products/weatherpop/special_notice_20020905.html"; target="_blank">update to 1.5.1</a>

hopefully addresses a few problems....at work so i can't try it out till tonight...g
  • Reply 7 of 38
    [quote]Originally posted by thegelding:

<strong><a href="http://www.glu.com/products/weatherpop/special_notice_20020905.html"; target="_blank">update to 1.5.1</a>

hopefully addresses a few problems....at work so i can't try it out till tonight...g</strong><hr></blockquote>

Just downloaded, am trying now...

wow, it appears to be actually giving correct temperature data...

we shall see...
  • Reply 8 of 38
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    WeatherPop 1.5.1 makes all the difference!

Kudos to Lisa and Ben at Glu for rewriting the app to take advantage of new (and more reliable) data sources.

Escher

[PS: With the level of developer support and commitment demonstrated in this version, I finally decided to pay the $8 shareware fee. It's the price of a magazine, well worth it.]

[ 09-05-2002: Message edited by: Escher ]</p>
  • Reply 9 of 38
    [quote]Originally posted by Escher:

<strong>WeatherPop 1.5.1 makes all the difference!

Kudos to Lisa and Ben at Glu for rewrtiting the app to take advantage of new (and more reliable) data sources.

Escher</strong><hr></blockquote>

Indeed it does, Esch.

PS: are you still @ Catholic?
  • Reply 10 of 38
    [quote]Originally posted by Jonathan:

<strong>PS: are you still @ Catholic?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Still plugging away with one year to go. Crazy busy trying to keep on top of school and finding a job for after graduation. I should really stop wasting time reading up on the latest shareware at Mac rumors websites. Still no immediate plans for an AI BBQ (my Base Station suffered the burned transistor problem and I really need to get my academic/professional life under control first). But maybe next spring will be better.

Escher
  • Reply 11 of 38
    WeatherPop 1.5.1 is still not working here, any thought?

Kenneth
  • Reply 12 of 38
    [quote]Originally posted by Kenneth:

<strong>WeatherPop 1.5.1 is still not working here, any thought?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Kenneth: Have you tried deleting your old WeatherPop preferences file? If not, go to the "Preferences" folder inside the "Library" folder in your home directory and delete the "com.glu.WeatherPop.plist" file. This fixed everything for me.

Escher
  • Reply 13 of 38
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    1.5.1 still eats CPU cycles like there's no tomorrow for me. :/
  • Reply 14 of 38
    if you pay the $8, does weatherpop automatically update, not like every 30 minutes, but maybe every 1-5 minutes? is there anything else that you get by paying, or is it just a courtesy thing for the programmers?
  • Reply 15 of 38
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by Max8319:

<strong>if you pay the $8, does weatherpop automatically update, not like every 30 minutes, but maybe every 1-5 minutes? is there anything else that you get by paying, or is it just a courtesy thing for the programmers?</strong><hr></blockquote>

You get a lot of other features with WP Advance. Like color menu items and forecasts. Personally, the standard version was all I needed. Even if you could change the increments of updating to 1 minute, it wouldn't matter in the least because the national weather service only updates their data hourly.
  • Reply 16 of 38
    hoping for 1.5.2 soon....1.5.1 finally works with 10.2, but still have sun at night instead of moon....updating is slow, but who really cares about that...the only thing that is sad is that it worked sooooo good before...was completely a mindless program for me, as in i never had to think about it.....g

advanced gives you 5 day forecast, humidity, winds etc.....free just gives you current temp and conditions....

[ 09-06-2002: Message edited by: thegelding ]</p>
  • Reply 17 of 38
    frykefryke Posts: 217member
    Works perfectly here (10.2.1 6D42, WP 1.5.1) in Winterthur, Switzerland. Finally web services that aren't 'national' (whatever that means outside a certain nation...).

No sun at night, I get a moon fine.
  • Reply 18 of 38
    have to play with it more i guess....it is showing 65 and raining....it is 80 and sunny....just slightly off ....oh well......g

k, so i deleted everything again and reloaded....showing 75 and sunny...so seems ok so far...will watch tonight for moon and see if it stays with the correct temps....g

[ 09-07-2002: Message edited by: thegelding ]</p>
  • Reply 19 of 38
    klinuxklinux Posts: 453member
    I don't think there is a point for updating every 5-10 minutes since NWS (amongst other weather services) do not update their DB that often. Why does one need that frequent of weather update? Are you watching for tornadoes or something?
  • Reply 20 of 38
    [quote] Are you watching for tornadoes or something? <hr></blockquote>

nope...that's why i live in the high desert....no tornadoes, no hurricanes, no earthquakes, no floods....of course we have drought and ....well that's about it.....lovely weather, beautiful sky that stretches forever and never any freakin rain....sigh....

changing to my.aol.com in the preferences has made all the difference for me...works great in 1.5.1 now....yeah....plus i now get hi temp and low temp again, plus sunrise/sunset times.....g

[ 09-08-2002: Message edited by: thegelding ]</p>