Looking at some light reading titled "Everything Mac"

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    awesome sauce. thanks much for that list. When I get some time this weekend I'm going to be knee deep in new software from all these lists . Thank goodness it's so easy to remove software from the mac.

I've been debating if I should go the Parallels route or boot camp. I think I can only do one of them since I just have one XP disk and you would need one for each.

I have a couple games that I would like to play that are PC only as well, so I think Boot Camp may be a better choice since Parallels isn't going to have the muscle do make Half Life 2 dance.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by funklord

I have a couple games that I would like to play that are PC only as well, so I think Boot Camp may be a better choice since Parallels isn't going to have the muscle do make Half Life 2 dance.

Until GPUs support virtualisation, games definitely => Boot Camp.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by funklord

I've been debating if I should go the Parallels route or boot camp. I think I can only do one of them since I just have one XP disk and you would need one for each.

Why would you need one for each? Use the same one.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aryayush

Why would you need one for each? Use the same one.

I think there are "activation" issues.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    I don't think so. As long as you use the serial number provided with the genuine copy of the OS, you can install it on more than one PC. I *think* so.