Apple on track to sell at least 14-15m iPods this quarter

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM

There are similar notebooks? My impression is that there's really nothing that's close to similar to MBP.

I wonder if Apple wised up and set more reasonable cooling boundaries on the unit.

"I wonder if Apple wised up and set more reasonable cooling boundaries on the unit."

Just what does that mean? Are you suggesting that Dell and the likes who are using the same processor have lower temperatures? If yes, could you reference you source?
  • Reply 22 of 24
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core

"I wonder if Apple wised up and set more reasonable cooling boundaries on the unit."

Just what does that mean? Are you suggesting that Dell and the likes who are using the same processor have lower temperatures? If yes, could you reference you source?

I never said that. I'm just saying that the stock settings for the fan control could have been a lot better. Before Fan Control was released, I've complained several times about how hot my MBP got. It wasn't scorching hot but still uncomfortably hot and a lot less usable than my my four year old Compaq in that regard. So much so that I didn't use my MBP much for months and switched to my Compaq for casual use. The fan control software came out just when I was seriously thinking about selling the MBP.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core

It's a bad rap. There are machines out there that are HOTTER than the Mac. Some by 10°.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Now, here is a curious article from what is normally a staid, reliable newspaper, The Evening Standard, London edition:

http://www.macnewsworld.com/story/O7...ome-True.xhtml