Who's tried Vista?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,337moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trailmaster308

Windows Defender.

Who the hell is in their marketing team? That sounds like a cheesy 90's kids cartoon. Windows Defender of the Universe... by the power of Eternia, I have the power. That's a He-Man reference btw.

I saw Vista in action and it just didn't look right to me. The window fading and things just looked wrong. I remember when window panes used to redraw slowly enough that you could see it happen. Now that we have machines that can render windows instantly, Microsoft wants to slow it down by fading it in.

The resize and close buttons look wrong and the interface looks like XP with a shiny theme. The glass windows are wrong because they are distracting. The gadgets are wrong because they are always there on the desktop. Why not just put them in the dock? The whole idea of Dahboard is that the widgets appear on top of everything else and don't waste space.

The one advantage Windows had over OS X was that because it didn't have an advanced compositing engine or system-wide anti-aliasing or whatever, it was OS 9 snappy with near OS X stability. Now it's slower than OS X with fewer benefits.
  • Reply 22 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin

Who the hell is in their marketing team? That sounds like a cheesy 90's kids cartoon. Windows Defender of the Universe... by the power of Eternia, I have the power. That's a He-Man reference btw.

I saw Vista in action and it just didn't look right to me. The window fading and things just looked wrong. I remember when window panes used to redraw slowly enough that you could see it happen. Now that we have machines that can render windows instantly, Microsoft wants to slow it down by fading it in.

The resize and close buttons look wrong and the interface looks like XP with a shiny theme. The glass windows are wrong because they are distracting. The gadgets are wrong because they are always there on the desktop. Why not just put them in the dock? The whole idea of Dahboard is that the widgets appear on top of everything else and don't waste space.

The one advantage Windows had over OS X was that because it didn't have an advanced compositing engine or system-wide anti-aliasing or whatever, it was OS 9 snappy with near OS X stability. Now it's slower than OS X with fewer benefits.

Wont argue with you on the name, but the same could be said for Apple (lets move past the kitty kat names)

However, if you dont like the way the fades are running , assuming Aero (i like that name) is running to its potential, then adjust them accordingly under the "Adjust Visual Effects".

Dont like the gadgets, turn them off, or just drag them off the sidebar and put them wherever you want on the desktop. Choose the "Keep on top" button and your set if thats what you want. They dont have to stay on the side.

My system isn't slow.