2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    Agreed. ^^
  • Reply 22 of 29
    pyrixpyrix Posts: 264member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

I said I believed it, and he's not high, he's drunk. Couldn't give a balls how much he's site is worth by the way. Good job you told me about digg.com, cause I've never heard of that site before. I use digg, and I like the podcast, but money isn't everything.

Of course money isn't everything, thats why he hasnt sold the site yet. I use digg too, I like the podcast too. Now I reread my post, I may well have come off as a know-it-all twat, and I apologise

Anyways, no the podcast isn't live, but if you watch all of it, they do get rather drunk. And if you are a frequent watcher of diggnation, you know that they have quite a casual style. And I doubt K. Rose was supposed to see it, it sounds as if he has a friend on the development team that sent him some pics or something. But, like the rest of the iPhone rumors, that's mostly speculation.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    i'm a bit confused,.....i thought that apple likes to control the software AND the hardware e.g. ipod why not a mvno lease space like disney and control everything and reap the revenue flow. as someone said above, what then does apple bring to the table, and why would a carrier who makes big dollars off data and music downloads allow apple to power into their market. it would seem any carrier would want to have a non compete with apple so that people don't up and leave.

i would love a total apple mac experience....so any reasons why not go mvno....i thought a good partner would be t moble, they would get tremendous growth be gsm and hit back at verizon and cingular.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER

i'm a bit confused,.....i thought that apple likes to control the software AND the hardware e.g. ipod why not a mvno lease space like disney and control everything and reap the revenue flow. as someone said above, what then does apple bring to the table, and why would a carrier who makes big dollars off data and music downloads allow apple to power into their market. it would seem any carrier would want to have a non compete with apple so that people don't up and leave.

i would love a total apple mac experience....so any reasons why not go mvno....i thought a good partner would be t moble, they would get tremendous growth be gsm and hit back at verizon and cingular.

A mvno will give apple more control but $249 + $40-$60 month for 1-2 years is not a good way to get cell users.

Also they need a family plan that does not make each person buy a $249 phone.

They may be a lot of people who want a apple phone but can't as they are locked in to a carrier.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    pyrixpyrix Posts: 264member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER

Becuase if apple partnered with anybody, they would lose control of their hardware and the security issues (in bringing out new products, dont forget apple's traditional cloud of secrecy), would be severly compromised, as the partner would be demanding that Apple must DO THIS, and NOT THAT.

That and the fact that if Apple partnered with an american provider, it would be like another year before we ever got the phone in Australia. Therefore they wont, or for every day that it is delayed becuase of their stupid partnership, I will kill them.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Whatever dudes. That's not groundbreaking...that's not game changing. If that's all you guys have--marketing speak to get you ahead of your competitors for the Christmas season--then this won't happen.

Trust, if Apple does this, it's gonna be big. I wish Steve would try to move the crowd with some shit like "family plans", or "$XX a month", or "unlimited minutes", or "the best wireless network". I'd be embarrassed for him. He might as well say "can you hear me now", and fall in there with the rest of the bunch.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gordy

Whatever dudes. That's not groundbreaking...that's not game changing. If that's all you guys have--marketing speak to get you ahead of your competitors for the Christmas season--then this won't happen.

Trust, if Apple does this, it's gonna be big. I wish Steve would try to move the crowd with some shit like "family plans", or "$XX a month", or "unlimited minutes", or "the best wireless network". I'd be embarrassed for him. He might as well say "can you hear me now", and fall in there with the rest of the bunch.

Agreed. But I duno how hes guna deal with the actually communications part of the market...
  • Reply 28 of 29
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,442moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gordy

If it is released, MacPhone is a safer bet for its name.

I don't think so. You think the ipod would sell better under the moniker macpod?

Apple have already acquired the iphone domain name so it'll be iphone.

I think what Apple will do is build in ichat or the ability to use skype so that when you are in a wireless network, you can talk for free.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    iPhone - only "smart" phone - smart really means "smart"

bring it on Apple!