• Reply 21 of 43
    meat99meat99 Posts: 46member
    ahhh.. gotcha.
  • Reply 22 of 43
    a) I will purchase a Powerbook tomorrow provided all of the following:

i) It has a G4 processor of speeds no less than 733 Mhz

ii) It has an increased resolution of no less than 1280 horizontal pixels

iii) can be had for less than $2500

b) If subconditions (i), (ii), and (iii) of (a) cannot be met, I will purchase a new iMac provided the following conditions are met:

i) G4 processor of speeds no less than 800 Mhz

ii) LCD screen of no less than 15" diagonal inches

iii) a resolution of 1024x768 or greater

iv) the ability to span an additional monitor

c) If subconditions (i), (ii), (iii), and (iv) of (b) are not met, then I will purchase the middle range Powermac G4, provided it has:

i)2 procs and DDRRAM, and

ii) DDRRAM

iii) processor speeds of 800 Mhz or greater

d) If the sub-conditions (i), (ii) and (iii) of (c) are not met, then I will buy the low end Powermac (with an eye towards an upgrade in late 2002), provided it has:

i) DDRRAM

ii) an L3 cache

e) If subconditions (i) and (ii) of (d) are not met, I will purchase a previous generation Dual 800, provided it:

i) can be had for less than US$2.5K

f) If subcondition (i) of (e) is not met, I will purchase a previous generation 867 (with an eye to an upgrade in late 2002), provided it:

i) can be had for less than $1800

g) If subcondition (i) of (f) is not met, I will have to have a serious 'sit and think' session.

SdC

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: suckfuldotcom ]</p>
  • Reply 22 of 43
    Personally, Id love a REALLY fast pBook. But they probably won't come out w/ anything in that line up. Ill keep my fingers crossed though...

/ t
  • Reply 24 of 43
    If the sub sub sub sub sub conditions arent met, I turn that old Mac Classic into a fishtank after all....
  • Reply 25 of 43
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by suckfuldotcom:

<strong>a) I will purchase a Powerbook tomorrow provided all of the following:

i) It has a G4 processor of speeds no less than 733 Mhz

ii) It has an increased resolution of no less than 1280 horizontal pixels

iii) can be had for less than $2500</strong><hr></blockquote>

If this is your first choice, then why not wait for MWTKY?
  • Reply 26 of 43
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,021member
    I was going to buy after this expo. But, I may not after all. My wife and I are trying to buy a house soon....so I may wait till July.
  • Reply 27 of 43
    Well, we'll see. If the Powerbook gets ANY kind of upgrade tomorrow, I'll pass, because the idea of an upgrade so soon after an upgrade is absurd.

But if the Powerbook is UNTOUCHED tomorrow, then perhaps I should fork branch to:

If (a) doesn't happen and there is NO upgrade, then skip ahead to (g).

SdC

• Reply 28 of 43
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I doubt the Powerbook is gunna be updated sincew it just got the Combo drive a few weeks ago.
  • Reply 29 of 43
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    hey suckfuldotcom, you have been giving WAY too much thought to this.

anyway, i will seel my imac and get a new one if and only if it contains a g4. and still i might wait another year. it mostly depends on whether i go freelance in the next year, and would probably need the extra horsepower at home; y'see, it's way easier to hold off purchases if you know you go into work every day to a g4...
  • Reply 30 of 43
    I will purchase another iDevice if it is announced...

Apple putting combo drives in their Powerbooks doesnt mean that they cant do anything to it, for all we know this could have been a tactic to sell more of the old power book line before the upgrade?!
  • Reply 31 of 43
    I wish........

I'm probably seriously the one who needs it most on this forum, considering my trials and tribulations the pas t2 days......I'm afraid this thing will die VERY soon.....start.....freeze....start...freeze.....re peat 50 times. It's a wonder I got it partially working. It's a hastle just to print. Worst of it all my parents know and don't care.

I really wish there was a way I could get a low-end G5. But if Apple doesnt introduce it I probably wont even want to get rid of my broken computer.....
  • Reply 32 of 43
    I will be waiting until Tokyo no mater what is released tomorrow.
  • Reply 33 of 43
    I'm picking up the mid-range PM tomorrow barring some amazing unforseen event that would change the world as I know it.

This will also be a landmark event for me because it will be my first Mac ever. (Goodbye, ancient Dell P2-266).
  • Reply 34 of 43
    david rdavid r Posts: 135member
    I don't plan on buying a system (desktop or laptop) but if they release a neat iGadget I'll probably get it.
  • Reply 35 of 43
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Ditto.

iGadget might pry money out of my wallet. My new iBook will last awhile, and I want to make my tower last for another year as well. But, if new desktops hit the market then the clock will start ticking on how much longer the B&W G3 occupies space on my desk.

Especially if new towers have even smaller footprints. So, they might get up to $500 out of me if some nifty gizmo catches my eye.

D
  • Reply 36 of 43
    pookjppookjp Posts: 280member
    I'll buy a TiBook if they increase the screen resolution. I'd ideally like a maximum of 1600, but that's probably asking too much. Any increase and I'll buy.

- Pook
  • Reply 37 of 43
    To simplify, I'd like to get a monster Powerbook (I love the portability). If that's not feasible, then I'll get an iMac, because I'm sure it will be bitching cool. However the limitations of the iMac make it problematic. If Apple insists on keeping the iMac crippled and without the G4, then it's on to the Powermac, of which there are many scenarios.

If I am unhappy across the board, then I'll get an old Snow iMac, and make the iMac Patriot: stars and stripes, baby!

SdC

• Reply 38 of 43
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    if the iMac is G4 and has superdrive, i will buy one before SJ finishes his first bottled water...if no G4 and no superdrive...don't know..will sit back and think a bit and see what is offered on the power mac towers...don't want to spend more that 2000, so the power mac line is probably not the way to go....guess i'll find out what apple is offering soon enough....g
  • Reply 39 of 43
    Posting from a brand-new 667 combo drive PowerBook, and I don't really need to upgrade my dual 450 G4 PowerMac.

So, nothing for me tomorrow from the CPU aisle, thanks.

An iCam might make me want to replace my two year old Olympus, though. And, my Studio 15 LCD is feeling a little cramped lately....
  • Reply 40 of 43
    I'm waiting till after Macworld July to replace my dual 500Mhz with the newest PM.. hopefully a new G5 to make my Final Cut Pro editing station truly state of the art...