Stupid NFL Rules to Change Next Year

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Meh, he wasn't as bad as most outsiders like to say he was. I watched him hit a home run on the last Friday of the season against you guys in your park. Without JD Drew that night we don't go home happy.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Lets change the antiquated broadcast/blackout rules so that we can get 4 games per Sunday no matter who is playing at what time...I like to follow the NFC north who play most of their games early, but we always loose out to the Colts or any other AFC South team games...I say if you insist on making NFLST Directv only, at least cut us cable customers a little break, sheesh, not everyone CAN get Directv...

Hell, screw D* let every CBS and FOX station do multi-channel simalcating of games on the digital sub-channels...one HD game and 3 SD games per network affiliate would be possible...WISH did it for the NCAA march crap-ness
  • Reply 23 of 28
    I wish CBS had HD equipment at all of their games. I hate it when only CBS is showing a game and it's in friggin' SD. Fox shows every single game in HD, why can't CBS???
  • Reply 24 of 28
    Too bad DishNetwork doesn't offer Fox's locals in HD yet...bastards.

And don't anyone think about mentioning an antenna...
  • Reply 25 of 28
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,026member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trick fall

They have gotten way out of hand with the quarterback thing. They might as well have the qb's have flags on them the way they are calling roughing penalties. I disagree with most of the other points though. I really can't stand the celebrating. I mean if you make a great play that wins the game that's one thing, but guys celebrating first downs or routine tackles?!!! You're supposed to make a fecking first down or tackle.

Well, I mainly meant endzone celebration. Do you care to say why you disagree with the other points?
  • Reply 26 of 28
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,026member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PBG4 Dude

I wish CBS had HD equipment at all of their games. I hate it when only CBS is showing a game and it's in friggin' SD. Fox shows every single game in HD, why can't CBS???

I hate that too. Worse, I was watching CBS's pre-game show in HD. But, then the game itself was SD? That's bullshit. It also drives me bonkers when channels like HBOHD and Showtime HD broadcast a movie in SD. I set my DVR to record a movie and when I go to watch it I get the dreaded "black box borders." Fucking digital cable (though clearly it's the channel, not Comcast...but whatever...I'm an irate consumer!)
  • Reply 27 of 28
    I love endzone celebrations. How could you not like 49er T.O. running out to the middle of the star in Dallas? Twice?

George Teague knocked the crap out of him though. Even Emmitt got pissed that game. Oh, memories!
  • Reply 28 of 28
    Well I think the way you play the game should be taunting enough, no words necessary. I like the artistry involved trying to drag both feet on a catch to stay in bounds and I've seen games where there were an inordinate amount of false start and holding penalties, but not consistently. Numbers 4 and 5 I don't have particularly strong feelings about either way.