Apple offers developers new build of Leopard operating system

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    Give it up, guys. As useful as it may be for your unorganized asses, file renaming and file manipulation in general does not belong in the Open and Save dialog...definitely not in the Open dialog.

I could understand why someone would want it in the Save dialog sheet but even then...you're saving a file, not trying to rename some other file or move files around.

It's like asking for a word processor in the Open/Save dialog sheets because Windows has that feature. It could be powerful...but it just doesn't make sense.
  • Reply 42 of 49
    How about a "Reveal in Finder" option for files/folders in open/save dialogs?
  • Reply 43 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a Martin

*That* would be useful.
  • Reply 44 of 49
    How about fixing the bug in the Open & Save dialog where when you navigate to the directory you want to save in, then click on "New Folder", give it a name, hit return/enter, then the dialog jumps you back two or three levels, so then you have to navigate down again to find the folder you just created.

It's crap like this that has persisted all this time through the OS X development that makes me wonder if Apple has only 5 people working on OS X. This kind of stuff makes XP look so advanced and polished - to me anyway. Can't Apple fix this kind of stuff in an "update" rather than an "upgrade" (such as Leopard)? Or have they not noticed this bug?
  • Reply 45 of 49
  • Reply 46 of 49
    All I want from the Open dialog is a Spotlight-mode that ignores the hierarchical structure and simply gives me search options. It should default by showing every file that can possibly be opened by the app (because why show the files that the app can't open? the option could exist but shouldn't be on by default)...and then filters would allow the user to narrow down the search.

The Save dialog? It should allow us to tag files with metadata.
  • Reply 47 of 49
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer

I speak for many network professionals when I sat "WHY <stab> won't <stab> you <stab> DIE<stab> Allpetalk protocol suit <stab><stab><stab>!!!?!?!!?!?"

AFP != AppleTalk
  • Reply 48 of 49
    haggarhaggar Posts: 1,568member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a Martin

And how about a Reveal function for the list of Login items in the user account preferences and Recent items in the Apple menu?
  • Reply 49 of 49
    If you haven't already heard of some of the new fixes that Leopard will be offering check out the review that CNet has about this.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Mac_OS_X_10_...?tag=pdtl-list