Dee-dee-dee

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
For those who may not live in the US, or these who don't watch Comedy Central, there is a great show called Mind of Mencia, he calls stupid* people "DEE-DEE-DEE" this is a really funny (and sadly all to accurate) music video he made...take a look if you have a minute.



http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...53738583022693
«13

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 49
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,080member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer


    For those who may not live in the US, or these who don't watch Comedy Central, there is a great show called Mind of Mencia, he calls stupid* people "DEE-DEE-DEE" this is a really funny (and sadly all to accurate) music video he made...take a look if you have a minute.



    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...53738583022693



    Thanks for showing everyone the kind of taste the general American population has. Kind of why I canceled Cable. Lots of shows like this.
  • Reply 2 of 49
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Kind of shows how devoid of humor some people are when they respond like that.
  • Reply 3 of 49
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Not too bad.
  • Reply 4 of 49
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Exactly. There's just a Smug Alert over Frisco right now.
  • Reply 5 of 49
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    What do people watch TV for here?



    I don't have time really, but when I do my favorites are:
    • Sports! Especially college ball. Always make time for that.

    • The Daily Show/ Colbert Report

    • Occasional movie

    • Frasier, Roseanne, Cosby, Family Guy, etc

    • HGTV and Food Network for when I make my first cool $100,000 and have dinner guests

    I'd say probably a 30-60 mins a night maybe 5-6 days a week, except if there's a game. \
  • Reply 6 of 49
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,080member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BR


    Kind of shows how devoid of humor some people are when they respond like that.



    I have a sense of humor, but it's not stuck on "Dee Dee Dee" crap Comedy Central shoots out.



    Sebastian
  • Reply 7 of 49
    Terrible... Absolutely Terrible.



    Carlos Mencia & Dane Cook are the biggest Hacks to ever disguise themselves as "Comedians."
  • Reply 8 of 49
    Totally agree. Mencia and Dane Cook are indicative of... what?... increased levels of retardation? Something in the diets of Americans?
  • Reply 9 of 49
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,080member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich


    Totally agree. Mencia and Dane Cook are indicative of... what?... increased levels of retardation? Something in the diets of Americans?



    Yes, it's part of the every day diet of the every day American. I only wish my sense of humor was here actually making a joke about that.



    Sebastian
  • Reply 10 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis


    I have a sense of humor, but it's not stuck on "Dee Dee Dee" crap Comedy Central shoots out.



    What is your humor stuck on then?
  • Reply 11 of 49
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,080member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood


    What is your humor stuck on then?



    Somewhere over the Rainbow, probably lost it in school somewhere with the last "Yo Mama" joke I heard out of a random idiot who would've snorted his milk out at the sight of this in fits of Giggles at the sight of this.



    Sebastian
  • Reply 12 of 49
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Your mom jokes can be quite funny.



    For instance, during the days before my property exam, I put up the away message "adversely possessing your mom."



    Guess you had to be there.
  • Reply 13 of 49
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,080member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ


    Your mom jokes can be quite funny.



    For instance, during the days before my property exam, I put up the away message "adversely possessing your mom."



    Guess you had to be there.



    Guess I did. I never found them funny though. probably because they didn't sound as clever as an Away message.



    Sebastian
  • Reply 14 of 49
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Damn.



    Witty away message writing is an art.
  • Reply 15 of 49
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,080member
    I just use the Default "I am away from my Computer" but only if I'm not away. It saves me effort when I'm lying to all of my contacts, and only talking to the ones I care to at the moment.



    Sebastian
  • Reply 16 of 49
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Christ, half of the posters in this forum must only watch Masterpeice Theater and the News Hour with Jim Larh... do you not understand that is was a social commentary? It basicly tries to poke fun at the idiocy all arround us that we have to accept as the norm...in stead of striving for excellence, most Americans of this generation seem to demand that the definition of excellence be changed to what they are rather than them striving to attain excellence.



    If you have been at a public school in the last 15 years, you would most likely be in total agreement with the "so we lower the standards" bit: it is totaly how it works. The accuracy of that song to moddern society is why I found it so interesting...
  • Reply 17 of 49
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 14,213moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer


    Christ, half of the posters in this forum must only watch Masterpeice Theater and the News Hour with Jim Larh... do you not understand that is was a social commentary? It basicly tries to poke fun at the idiocy all arround us that we have to accept as the norm...in stead of striving for excellence, most Americans of this generation seem to demand that the definition of excellence be changed to what they are rather than them striving to attain excellence.



    If you have been at a public school in the last 15 years, you would most likely be in total agreement with the "so we lower the standards" bit: it is totaly how it works. The accuracy of that song to moddern society is why I found it so interesting...



    Exactly, I thought it was pretty good too. It's nothing new but it puts a voice on what most people know what's happening. The trouble is that dee-dee-dees just don't get it so it won't change anything.
  • Reply 18 of 49
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Well if you didn't like that one, how about this Holiday gift idea.
  • Reply 19 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer


    Christ, half of the posters in this forum must only watch Masterpeice Theater and the News Hour with Jim Larh... do you not understand that is was a social commentary? It basicly tries to poke fun at the idiocy all arround us that we have to accept as the norm...in stead of striving for excellence, most Americans of this generation seem to demand that the definition of excellence be changed to what they are rather than them striving to attain excellence.



    If you have been at a public school in the last 15 years, you would most likely be in total agreement with the "so we lower the standards" bit: it is totaly how it works. The accuracy of that song to moddern society is why I found it so interesting...



    It might be social commentary, but it's as dull as dry toast. Many of today's comedians lack any real spark or insight. The last bit of "sharp" stupid comedy I saw was by Mike Judge in Idiocracy...and that movie literally melted away at the theaters. The comedians of today on SNL (other than Andy Samberg, maybe) kinda suck, to be blunt.



    Everyone knows public schools are the biggest criminal waste of our kids lives, yet, for some reason the goddamned system maintains. Why? Because big powerful unions and organizations are very difficult to dismantle once they are in place, unless they face true competition for our money and our students. The problem is, this isn't funny. It's pitiful.
  • Reply 20 of 49
    Whatever Spam...



    Your mom!
Sign In or Register to comment.