iPhone

Posted:
in iPhone edited November 2014

iPhone Image from OEM company in Taiwan.

iPhone have been shipped from China via UPS 2nd Day, will debut on the keynote on Tuesday, January 9.

with 5 inch OLED touch screen,

900/1800/1900 TriBand GSM for Asia.

850/1800/1900 Triband GSM for North America

Retail Price could be around US$299 for 4GB model, US$399 for 8GB model

Comments

• Reply 1 of 38
    The picture is obviously photoshopped, and why would they only have a red model?
  • Reply 2 of 38
    red model?....this is the only photo i can get...

if you can get the whole series of photos from the people who signed for NDA, i will be happy to post them for you.

If u understand what's NDA.
  • Reply 3 of 38
    I would think there would have to be a speaker on the top and somewhere to talk into on the bottom. I don't see any signs of this though. Looks cool though. Heres hoping something will be shown at Macworld. Oh, and Happy New Year everyone.
  • Reply 4 of 38
    2/10.
  • Reply 5 of 38
    Danny, I understand what a NDA is, and sorry, but I can't get photos of the "iPhone." I agree with duzledwarf - there has to be a hole for the mic and speaker. The sound quality would be terrible if they were covered in aluminum, unless the mic and speaker are on the top and bottom. Also, doesn't Linksys own the iPhone name?
  • Reply 6 of 38
    jvbjvb Posts: 210member
    Fake, I could make that in Photoshop.
  • Reply 7 of 38
    jvb...why don't u make one?...so i can see
  • Reply 8 of 38
    almalm Posts: 111member
    So it got two batteries, for phone and player and two controls, also separated. Click wheel and touchscreen. I bet it also got two sets of memory and processors.
  • Reply 9 of 38
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    i wish the number buttons were larger, i'm just thinking about tryiing to dial driving unless it has voice indepedent dialing with bt

is oled displays that well proven, i know they take much less energy but their lifespan and color satuation is in question

and where is the "dock" for osX, ichat, maybe wifi, etc
  • Reply 10 of 38
    I recall Jabra had a set of earphones that were also microphones, so possible the ear buds will be that type. Butu I doubt it. Too much trouble to insert earphones to use phone.

Also a click wheel is not required. Go back to the patent and look at the size of the touch screen, and the side buttons that change screen function.

The color red would be reserved for Bono's charity version.
  • Reply 11 of 38
    -df-df Posts: 136member
    That does not look like a 5-inch screen.
  • Reply 12 of 38
    Obviously a fake... next time you should clean up your white background and around the phone name and number... you did a sloppy job.
  • Reply 13 of 38
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Uh, if that is a five inch screen, then the earbuds in the shot are about one inch in diameter, which is simply huge?

Sniff sniff??!? What's that smell?? Oh yeah, it's another fake image out of PhotoChop?
  • Reply 14 of 38
    Jesus, we always go through this when new products are introduced.

My question: is there an expectation that apple will roll out a phone this Jan, or are we going to have to wait another year?
  • Reply 15 of 38
    BTW, check out this Applenews post from August: http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1959. There's also been a history of Apple rolling out devices at the Macworld following the one the product was expected at, as well as on-time. I've been out of the loop (I can't get my Ibook to work right, why care about new crap from Apple), so I don't know if the phone was expected at the last MacWorld show. Whatever, it'd be nice if it shows up next week. We've been expecting it so long, the drama is getting old.
  • Reply 16 of 38
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dannychang View Post

iPhone Image from OEM company in Taiwan.

iPhone have been shipped from China via UPS 2nd Day, will debut on the keynote on Tuesday, January 9.

with 5 inch OLED touch screen,

900/1800/1900 TriBand GSM for Asia.

850/1800/1900 Triband GSM for North America

Retail Price could be around US$299 for 4GB model, US$399 for 8GB model

Wow Danny! I guess Apple doesn't realize that they don't own the name "iPhone"?

• Reply 17 of 38
    physguyphysguy Posts: 920member
    If that's a 5" diagonal screen then the overall size is 8 inches long!!?? Seems a bit large!!
  • Reply 18 of 38
    willrobwillrob Posts: 203member
    I repeat: go look at the images in the patent. If and when the phone is released, it will not look like an iPod.

As far as when it will be released: the rumor mill seems to thing this spring for the less expensive model, and a more robust version in the summer. Apple wold be wise to space the releases?with their own release press events?to bolster the stock during its slow seasons.

That doesn't mean Jobs won't show it at MacWorld. He showed the "iTV" last summer, and it won't be introduced till next week.

Also: it won't be called iPhone. Its official name will be Star Fleet Commander Super Zirconium Decoder. Start saving your box tops now!
  • Reply 19 of 38
    I really hope that's not what it ends up looking like. That is disappointing. Luckily, this one is a fake, but I hope they don't go in that direction.
  • Reply 20 of 38
    Fake, fake, fake, fake, fake... and did I mention fake?