New Product Name Guess Roundup

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Okay, so people all around the interweb are coming up with all these ideas for names of what Apple's new products will be. I wanted to create one thread that everyone here can put their final guesses for what these products will ACTUALLY be called (if released).



IMPORTANT: It's not a prediction on whether it will be released, just what it'll be called if it is.



Reply the list below, changing your guesses. Add whatever products you think I missed.



"iPhone": iPod chat

"iTV": Airport Theater

Wide-touchscreen iPod: iPod theater

Tablet: MacPod

30th Anniv. Mac: Mac 30

Spreadsheet app in iWork: Cells

Database app in iWork: Data
«13

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 55
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,408member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post


    Okay, so people all around the interweb are coming up with all these ideas for names of what Apple's new products will be. I wanted to create one thread that everyone here can put their final guesses for what these products will ACTUALLY be called (if released).



    IMPORTANT: It's not a prediction on whether it will be released, just what it'll be called if it is.



    Copy and paste the list below, changing your guesses. Add whatever products you think I missed.



    "iPhone": iPod chat

    "iTV": Airport Theater

    Wide-touchscreen iPod: iPod theater

    Tablet: MacPod

    30th Anniv. Mac: Mac 30

    Spreadsheet app in iWork: Cells

    Database app in iWork: Data



    - Apple's spreadsheet app will simply be called either Numbers or Spreadsheet. Fact!



    - 30th Anniv. Mac: "Apple's Most Expensive Computer You'll Ever Own", or AMECYEO!



    - Levitating networked carpet: "iFloat"



    This is fun, yet fruitless.
  • Reply 2 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post


    Okay, so people all around the interweb are coming up with all these ideas for names of what Apple's new products will be. I wanted to create one thread that everyone here can put their final guesses for what these products will ACTUALLY be called (if released).



    IMPORTANT: It's not a prediction on whether it will be released, just what it'll be called if it is.



    Reply the list below, changing your guesses. Add whatever products you think I missed.



    "iPhone": iPod chat

    "iTV": Airport Theater

    Wide-touchscreen iPod: iPod theater

    Tablet: MacPod

    30th Anniv. Mac: Mac 30

    Spreadsheet app in iWork: Cells

    Database app in iWork: Data



    spreadsheet - iSum

    Pro word processor - iBeforeE

    gourmet coffee maker - iSwideopen

    electric stove - iBurnttheroastagainhoney

    30th anniverary Mac -iNconceivable

    whistling keychain - iKnowileftthemheresomewheredammit

    side-by-side refrigerator with integrated iPod dock - iMchillin

    always top-down automatic toilet paper dispenser - iPoop

    Simpson's model iMac - iCarumba

    Soy and Olive oil based margarine - iCan'tbelieveit'snotbutter
  • Reply 3 of 55








  • Reply 4 of 55
    ha ha, good stuff
  • Reply 5 of 55
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I was kind of intending that this thread would be taken seriously. Silly kids.
  • Reply 6 of 55
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    "iPhone": MacPhone

    "iTV": Airport HD

    Wide-touchscreen iPod: iPod Pro

    x

    x

    Spreadsheet app in iWork: Cells

    x
  • Reply 7 of 55
    irelandireland Posts: 17,746member
    "Music phone:" iPod Phone®

    "Smart phone:" iPod SmartPhone®

    "iTV:" Teleport® or Showtime®

    Fullscreen iPod: iPod Movie®

    Tablet: Mac Tablet®



    30th Anniv. Mac: Not gonna happen. (But If it did it would be a 25" Black iMac with LED LCD screen, and 2.66 Core 2 Duo with Up to 4 Gig of RAM, a hefty graphics card, and a 30Watt internal digital amp)



    Spreadsheet app: Somehow this will still be still called Numbers®

    Database app: iData®



    And if they want to give us an app. solely for the purpose of making charts, we all know what that will be called: Very light-weight app. called Charts®
  • Reply 8 of 55
    michaelbmichaelb Posts: 242member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    "Music phone:" iPod Phone®

    "Smart phone:" iPod SmartPhone®

    "iTV:" Teleport® or Showtime®

    Fullscreen iPod: iPod Movie®

    Tablet: Mac Tablet®



    They're good, but need to be lower case. Apple is anal about that!



    I'm still holding out for iPod communicator® for the phone. (For reasons, see this thread.)



    Quote:

    30th Anniv. Mac: Not gonna happen. (But If it did it would be a 25" Black iMac with LED LCD screen, and 2.66 Core 2 Duo with Up to 4 Gig of RAM, a hefty graphics card, and a 30Watt internal digital amp)



    Drool. 8)



    But an anniversary Mac would have to be made of metal rather than plastic, wouldn't it? Metal has far more class.



    Quote:

    Spreadsheet app: Somehow this will still be still called Numbers®



    That makes sense, although I also heard the name "Lasso" around.



    Quote:

    Database app: iData®



    I don't if Apple would make a database. Filemaker, Inc is a wholly owned subsidiary of Apple, and Filemaker has a decade long reputation as a very Mac-like, easy to use database. Why not just bundle that?



    Quote:

    And if they what to give us an app. solely for the purpose of making charts, we all know what that will be called: Very light-weight app. called Charts®



    I hope this functionality will be included in Numbers®.
  • Reply 9 of 55
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Apple Phone: MacPhone

    "iTV": Showtime

    Wide-touchscreen iPod: iPod

    Tablet: Newton

    30th Anniv. Mac: iMac Special Edition

    Spreadsheet app in iWork: Cells

    Database app in iWork: MacSQL
  • Reply 10 of 55
    [QUOTE=Ireland;1017788]"Music phone:" iPod Phone®



    yep just about exactly right IF they bring one out



    althought would there be the variation iPod Phone and iPod nano Phone ?? i doubt it, more likely to be something else we havent heard yet
  • Reply 11 of 55
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    iTV = Frontrow
  • Reply 12 of 55
    not knocking you just some more suggestions:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gordy View Post


    Apple Phone: MacPhone

    "iTV": Showtime

    Wide-touchscreen iPod: iPod

    Tablet: Newton

    30th Anniv. Mac: iMac Special Edition

    Spreadsheet app in iWork: Cells (this reminds of science -not sreadsheets) MacAdder?

    Database app in iWork: MacSQL



    Apple Phone: MacPhone -doable- Maybe iCall, MacTunes?

    "iTV": Showtime (trademark infringement on the TV network?) Maybe Primetime?

    Wide-touchscreen iPod: iPod (why mess with a good name?) anyway-- 16:9Pod, WidePod?

    Tablet: Newton (perhaps legacy baggage to overcome?) Isaac, son_of_newton, iPad, MacPad??

    Spreadsheet app in iWork: MacAdder?

    Database app in iWork: maybe MuSQL? (since it'd be light and powerful ~muscle/muscular)



    bleh....
  • Reply 13 of 55
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    What about Hello for the iphone?



    It fits with the original mac ads



    Say hello again!



  • Reply 14 of 55
    irelandireland Posts: 17,746member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Merkwürdigeliebe View Post


    Apple Phone: MacPhone -doable- Maybe iCall, MacTunes?

    "iTV": Showtime (trademark infringement on the TV network?) Maybe Primetime?

    Wide-touchscreen iPod: iPod (why mess with a good name?) anyway-- 16:9Pod, WidePod?

    Tablet: Newton (perhaps legacy baggage to overcome?) Isaac, son_of_newton, iPad, MacPad??

    Spreadsheet app in iWork: MacAdder?

    Database app in iWork: maybe MuSQL? (since it'd be light and powerful ~muscle/muscular)



    I don't think you have a chance of being right with any one of those suggestions. Try again.
  • Reply 15 of 55
    vl-tonevl-tone Posts: 337member
    "iPhone": iPod with phone

    "iTV": Eclipse

    Wide-touchscreen iPod: videoPod

    Tablet: Einstein

    30th Anniv. Mac: iMac SE

    Spreadsheet app in iWork: Numbers

    Database app in iWork: DatabaseMaker

    Multimedia creation tool: Hypercard 3.0 (Ok this one is wishful thinking)
  • Reply 16 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TednDi View Post


    What about Hello for the iphone?



    It fits with the original mac ads



    Say hello again!



    [/IMG]



    Or "shay hello to ma leeddle friend!" under a caption of a once bitten Apple gunning down a paper clip.
  • Reply 17 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by VL-Tone View Post


    "iPhone": iPod with phone

    "iTV": Eclipse

    Wide-touchscreen iPod: videoPod

    Tablet: Einstein

    30th Anniv. Mac: iMac SE

    Spreadsheet app in iWork: Numbers

    Database app in iWork: DatabaseMaker



    DatabaseMaker is the lamest product name I've ever heard for an Apple product. Eclipse doesn't make any sense, videoPod is wholly unoriginal, iMac SE doesn't have the Apple spark, Numbers is probably right.
  • Reply 18 of 55
    irelandireland Posts: 17,746member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MovieCutter View Post


    DatabaseMaker is the lamest product name I've ever heard for an Apple product. Eclipse doesn't make any sense, videoPod is wholly unoriginal, iMac SE doesn't have the Apple spark, Numbers is probably right.



    Tore him a new one.
  • Reply 19 of 55
    irelandireland Posts: 17,746member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by michaelb View Post


    They're good, but need to be lower case. Apple is anal about that!



    ..but they are lower case i?
  • Reply 20 of 55
    I guess, perhaps more appropriate names should be:



    iPhone: iChat Mobile/iPod Chat/iChat

    iTV: Showtime

    Widescreen iPod: iPod

    Tablet: Will never happen, so it doesn't matter but maybe something like "Canvas" or just MacBook/MacBook Pro

    30th Anniv. Mac: I don't think this would happen either, can't even think of a naming scheme for this.

    Spreadsheet: Numbers

    Database: Matrix

    Multimedia creation tool: Phenomenon/Magic
Sign In or Register to comment.