Behind closed doors: Jobs on a Mac tablet and Apple cell phone

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vinea View Post

Depends on the implementation. I have several tablets and many suck. Just because it runs OSX doesn't make it a decent tablet.

Vinea

I heartily agree.
  • Reply 42 of 50
    aegisdesignaegisdesign Posts: 2,914member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post

<sarcasm>Yes, there is a very small vertical market call computer graphics which Apple has no interest in at all. </sarcasm>

Seriously, Everyone I know who is involved with in graphic arts wants a pressure sensitive tablet Mac.

So why didn't they all rush out and buy a Wacom Cintiq ?

http://www.wacom.com/lcdtablets/index.cfm
  • Reply 43 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aegisdesign View Post

So why didn't they all rush out and buy a Wacom Cintiq ?

http://www.wacom.com/lcdtablets/index.cfm

<cost> An arm and a leg </cost>
  • Reply 44 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheMadHermit View Post

The only abuse of free speech is to not speak. Period.

NDAs are strictly contractual agreements that say, "If I disclose this information, then I will pay you a lot of money."

They have nothing to do with freedom of speech whatsoever.

Furthermore, most NDAs have expiration dates built in, if I'm not mistaken.

Please do not EVER suggest that the First Amendment means any thing less than what it does, or that it should not be as it is. I have taken an oath, "to support and defend the Constitution of The United States of America against ALL enemies, foreign or domestic," and have seen good men die in their upholding of that same oath.

Though I am loath to use the phrase, as it smacks of partyism and obscene abuses of power and the public trust: It is absolutely UNPATRIOTIC to suggest limiting our rights to speech... though I'll defend to my death your right to suggest it.

Please don't dishonor my fallen comrades.

TMH

Operation Enduring Freedom/Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran

Seconded, 100%

Celemourn

OIF/OEF vet
  • Reply 45 of 50
    NDA's have nothing to do with freedom of speech. An NDA is like telling someone I wanna tell you a secret but I want some sort of a guarentee that you won't tell anyone. It doesn't violate freedom of speech because its an agreement!

"If you want to know my secret you'll sign this saying I'll beat your ass if you tell anyone."

"I really want to know your secret so I'll agree to let you beat my ass if I tell anyone."

=NDA.
  • Reply 46 of 50
    The tablet has its uses, but overall for normal consumers its just another thing they don't need. i've had friends tell me how mcuh they love their tablets, but then again they said the same thing about palms, none of them use palms anymore.
  • Reply 47 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by freakboy View Post

The tablet has its uses, but overall for normal consumers its just another thing they don't need. i've had friends tell me how mcuh they love their tablets, but then again they said the same thing about palms, none of them use palms anymore.

I bought a tablet a few months ago, and just sold it. That was mostly cause of Windows though. Having a digitizer on the screen is great, but the display was not that great, and the resolution on the digitizer was limited to the resolution of the display. Not good. Also, the tracking was slow. Once we get 600 dpi displays and resolution independance, I think it'll be a different matter, but till then, better value is just a reg laptop with an external tablet. Or this OWC mod kit, if it turns out to be any good. Slate form factor is bad though. Stick with convertable.

Just waiting to see what happens durring the keynote to pick up a new MacBook Pro. I get the feeling that even if there is a OMT after the conference, it won't have anything to do with a new mac model... any agreement or disagreement with that?
  • Reply 48 of 50
    tkntkn Posts: 224member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr.Scott View Post

Just keep the dang phone simple will ya??

Last thing I need is a more complicated phone that just looks cool. Please let there be bluetooth too! Can not, will not and should not live without it!

SIMPLE IS GOOD.

Seriously, go buy any entry level phone. Why not a MotoFONE?

If Apple doesn't make a phone that does anything interesting, why would I buy it over a Sony which I can get for free or a Samsung?
  • Reply 49 of 50
    aegisdesignaegisdesign Posts: 2,914member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheMadHermit View Post

<cost> An arm and a leg </cost>

And a whole tablet Mac usable by graphic pros is going to be cheaper???? No way.
  • Reply 50 of 50
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    iBubble! or iCandy, I do not think we are going to go back to an easel to hold our tablets while we etch their surface with our quills. Now a true voice operated input device would be nice...