Live MWSF 2007 Coverage

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    willrobwillrob Posts: 203member
    Unless no one remembers to bring a camera.
  • Reply 22 of 35
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feynman View Post

Cost. It cost Apple an ungodly amount to stream them.

But not to broadcast it via satellite. They could have kept it there and let Mac users make their own arrangements.

It's cheap and counter-productive not to let people see the Keynote live.
  • Reply 23 of 35
    I always thought the keynote stream was just a really terrible advertisement for QuickTime streaming.
  • Reply 24 of 35
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ai51240 View Post

I always thought the keynote stream was just a really terrible advertisement for QuickTime streaming.

These things are Events, "Happenings", places and times to celebrate the joy of being Mac!

What a thing to say in this age-- "Let's go to the Video Tape (disc)..." Might just as well say, "News at 11!"
  • Reply 25 of 35
    Of course, the Video store is up and running now.

Apple could be planning to charge for viewing the Keynote.
  • Reply 26 of 35
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Double post
  • Reply 27 of 35
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    I'd probably pay to watch the keynote live on my computer.
  • Reply 28 of 35
    I don't think the iTMS has the capability to offer live events, but I could be wrong.

I'd pay as well.
  • Reply 29 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

I don't think the iTMS has the capability to offer live events, but I could be wrong.

I'd pay as well.

Maybe they should listen up. Put me down. I'd pay.
  • Reply 30 of 35
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rongold View Post

Apple no longer broadcasts expo coverage. [snip]

A slight nitpick:

Apple isn't broadcasting it live this year but "no longer" is probably jumping the gun. It isn't like they have a policy against it. In fact, they probably desperately want to stream it live.

Apple simply wasn't able to handle the immense streaming load while still delivering a quality viewing experience. The stream would lag to the point of being useless for a great percentage of people. Rather than allowing a sub-par experience, they simply rebroadcast at a later time. Every person commenting on the content of the keynote would almost invariably comment on the poor viewing experience. It cast Apple in a negative light.

When Apple feels like they can finally deliver a quality viewing experience for a live stream, they'll certainly do it.

[EDIT: But I should also say... thanks rongold for posting the live coverage links. It's much appreciated!]
  • Reply 31 of 35
    willrobwillrob Posts: 203member
    The World of Apple Live sight doesn't appear to have an audio stream planned.
  • Reply 32 of 35
    rongoldrongold Posts: 302member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by willrob View Post

The World of Apple Live sight doesn't appear to have an audio stream planned.

They have gone into a text-mode and the screen seems to be automatically refreshing every 10 seconds. See new URL posted above.
  • Reply 33 of 35
    So now that we've read the news.. when /were can we watch it?

flick.
  • Reply 34 of 35
    regreg Posts: 832member
    The keynote will have a link on Apple's front page, lower left side where it says Keynote. It is not there yet. You can normally get it there 5 to 6 hours after the event.
  • Reply 35 of 35
    Quote:

These things are Events, "Happenings", places and times to celebrate the joy of being Mac!

What a thing to say in this age-- "Let's go to the Video Tape (disc)..." Might just as well say, "News at 11!"

It was a really horrible advertisment because the streaming server always failed so miserably due to the load.