whats the worst Apple could do to your wallet?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    A tablet would likely get me to fork out whatever they wanted to charge for one. Otherwise they probably only get a couple hundred dollars for Leopard, iLife and iWork (edu prices).
  • Reply 22 of 25
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fatcatdj View Post

dual quad core Mac Pro would make me brown bag it for a couple weeks

Hey you claim to be an Avid pro what do you think of the Avid for Mac announcements??
  • Reply 23 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

I have built a Jobsian-RDF-Shield(TM) made out of chicken-fence-wire and lots of tassels and Christmas ornaments. Let's hope it works. 8)

yeah cos you read the article about the tinfoil hats not working too!
  • Reply 24 of 25
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    If Apple releases an iPhone tomorrow, I'll probably buy one. My contract with Sprint is up (I have a really old and basic cell phone right now) and I wouldn't mind being able to switch since Sprint's coverage is pretty poor in my area. It all depends on features and price though. If the iPhone costs more than $500, I probably won't pick one up. I'm still undecided about iTV.

The only other things I'm looking forward to on the horizon, or things that Apple could get me to instantly buy would be a new MacBook Pro with Leopard or an Apple handheld computer/PDA. I don't see either of these things happening tomorrow.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    jasenj1jasenj1 Posts: 923member
    Not much. I bought a 17" Intel iMac when they came out and am still very happy with it. I have plans to buy a MacBook, but that'll wait till the tax refund - I'm in no big hurry.

The iTV could be very tempting if the price point and feature set is right. We bought a DVD recorder a couple years ago and the thing is just flaky - won't (consistently) write over DVD-RWs and I refuse to use DVD-Rs for shows we'll watch once, so we don't use it. An iTV with DVR capability that can share drive space with my iMac might tempt me. We recently upgraded to HDTV so something that can record HD might tip the scales.

I don't own a cell phone, so that's a non-starter. However, I have been looking for a new GPS and a phone with a GPS built in and Apple's UI and integration might get me to wear a leash.

I'll definitely be buying Leopard and upgrading iLife. (If I don't be a bad boy and just buy a MacBook and install the software on the iMac.)

Sadly, I'm just not really personally looking to buy much out of this year's MWSF announcements. I hope they're nifty from a technology point of view, but nothing in the rumor-mill has made me salivate.

- Jasen.