High-quality images of Apple's iPhone (software)

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
but dood! how do you type on it? hyuck hyuck hyuck...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    Disappointed with the Airport, Somewhat disappointed with Apple TV...

Extremely impressed with what I'm seeing with the iPhone (so far). only drawback.... Cingular Exclusive. Largest network does not mean best.
  • Reply 2 of 19
    floccusfloccus Posts: 138member
    Updated Airport was a necessity more than a new deal.

iPhone (despite the name) really seems to be delivering above and beyond what everyone had hoped for. Seein' as I'm w/ Cingular I don't care about the exclusivity... but its a smart move to only deal with GSM seeing as most of the rest of the world uses it (we're not the only people who buy Apple products people).

Big question... when are the regular iPods getting updated ??
  • Reply 3 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by floccus View Post

iPhone (despite the name) really seems to be delivering above and beyond what everyone had hoped for. Seein' as I'm w/ Cingular I don't care about the exclusivity... but its a smart move to only deal with GSM seeing as most of the rest of the world uses it (we're not the only people who buy Apple products people).

You shouldn't care about exclusivity. Me being Verizon, I should care, thus making a comment prior.
  • Reply 4 of 19
    AppleInsiderAppleInsider Posts: 63,192administrator
    This week's Macworld Expo in San Francisco is the only place you can catch a glimpse of Apple's new iPhone device, but plan to wait your turn in line.

There appear to be a whopping three iPhones on site -- two on the exhibition floor, and another in the hand of Apple chief executive Steve Jobs.

Those two units on the show floor can bee seen rotating slowly inside a plexiglas cylinder, which itself is propped about six feet off the ground by a similarly-shaped pedestal.

Crowds gathering around the two iPhones on display were five to seven people deep on Tuesday afternoon, as photographers and enthusiasts tried to snag some clean shots of the groundbreaking device to call their own.

AppleInsider is publishing two galleries: one focusing on the device's hardware aesthetic and another on its various software interfaces.

• Reply 5 of 19
    njmaxnjmax Posts: 8member
    Anybody know of any Palm like PDA applications for tasks or to do list, etc.?
  • Reply 6 of 19
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Notes 1st Column, 3rd Row

However, since this is running some form of OS X and Leopard was demonstrated to have system-wide calendar and to-do, an app could easily be created for that.

It'll be June, people. I fully expect more whizzy-neat apps to be written by then.

SMS texting is nice and all, but what's missing? iChat ...video iChat! Believe it!
  • Reply 7 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by floccus View Post

My money is on Apple announcing another 'Showtime' event where they'll announce two or three more studios up on iTunes and a widescreen iPod in the same rough form factor as the iPhone and maybe some of the features of the iPhone. Obviously the pinch zooming and onscreen controls, but I wonder if Apple would consider doing the OS X support? I mean, adding a lot of the PDA-like capabilities.

It's hard to imagine that if they do add OS X to it that they wouldn't add some sort of bluetooth/wifi connectivity (or maybe not). But, if they do add that wireless connectivity, something that a lot of people have been clamoring for, you're really only one feature short of the iPhone.

Gotta ask yourself how much something like that would cost without Cingular subsidizing some of the cost and without a 2 year contract with someone.

The full-size iPod future should be interesting (not expecting the Nano and Shuffle to go anywhere anytime soon).
  • Reply 8 of 19
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by domerdel View Post

You shouldn't care about exclusivity. Me being Verizon, I should care, thus making a comment prior.

I don't give 2 shits about Verizon. My contract is up and they aren't make any incentives to keep me. When the phone is available I'll bounce over to Cingular.
  • Reply 9 of 19
    iChat would be very cool on the iPhone, especially with WiFi included. Could they put a camera on front as well or else make some sort of toggle for the camera on the top right corner?
  • Reply 10 of 19
    I don't think they are going to be changing the phone around anytime soon, they just showed it today!
  • Reply 11 of 19
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    That's some awesome software, I just hope I can install software written by anyone, so eventually there could be communities just dedicated to different cool phone apps, that'd be awesome.

I'm use the touch ipod will come but if it came today the iphone wouldn't be as crazy, gotta give the iphone it's 15mins then ipod will come back.

I predict the 80gb going touch and possibly upped to 100-120gig and the 30gig staying the same.

Good times ahead.
  • Reply 12 of 19
    I think this is a major step for apple into a market with huge revenues, although I am a little worried about this phone. What concerns me is how the iphone will fare after the novelty wears off.

Reliability is the first issue. I would hate to have a broken down phone and pay for cingular at the same time. I had a bad experience from ipods before:

My ipod nano broke down after 9 months (had it in my car all the time).

My ipod shuffle will not charge anymore (even though I replaced the battery).

But that's just me, and I sincerely hope that this device is as robust as it is beautiful.

Constant screen smudges is another (I would hate to clean the phone every hour !).

I would like to see voip applications on this, skype for one, or non-proprietary clients using SIP or H.323.

Other than that, great device, and nice to see mac os into the embedded systems market.
  • Reply 13 of 19
    akacakac Posts: 512member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sCreeD View Post

However, since this is running some form of OS X and Leopard was demonstrated to have system-wide calendar and to-do, an app could easily be created for that.

It'll be June, people. I fully expect more whizzy-neat apps to be written by then.

SMS texting is nice and all, but what's missing? iChat ...video iChat! Believe it!

One major issue - according to news reports Apple will not allow third party software on the iPhone. Which basically killed the device for me completely.
  • Reply 14 of 19
    From Steve Jobs interview on Nightline lat night, the phone he has and the two in the glass case are the only three in existence. Prototype builds. So possibly some modifications might be included by June, but not too likely.

There is no Developer Kit for it, but Apple says developers who want to create apps for it should contact them.
  • Reply 15 of 19
    akacakac Posts: 512member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by willrob View Post

From Steve Jobs interview on Nightline lat night, the phone he has and the two in the glass case are the only three in existence. Prototype builds. So possibly some modifications might be included by June, but not too likely.

There is no Developer Kit for it, but Apple says developers who want to create apps for it should contact them.

willrob - we are mobile developers and I'd like to contact them. Do you have a contact or know whom we should contact? I don't want to spam all of the Apple addresses I know...
  • Reply 16 of 19
    Ok ok it's great and all...but I only have one question...WHAT ABOUT GAMES????!!!!!

Steve Jobs is keeping the old Apple tradition, and simply ignoring all the fun and games. I thought that the Apple advertisement said it was suppose to be more fun than Windows?!!! I mean seriously, there's a big group of people out there that play game on their mobile and it's not going to be fun for them to stare at a pretty iPhone all day long...
  • Reply 17 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by capoeira4u View Post

Ok ok it's great and all...but I only have one question...WHAT ABOUT GAMES????!!!!!

Steve Jobs is keeping the old Apple tradition, and simply ignoring all the fun and games. I thought that the Apple advertisement said it was suppose to be more fun than Windows?!!! I mean seriously, there's a big group of people out there that play game on their mobile and it's not going to be fun for them to stare at a pretty iPhone all day long...

Weren't the iPod games redesigned to specifically work with the click wheel? Maybe by June it'll have games.
  • Reply 18 of 19
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Oh yeah I forgot about games! Damn, it does need games, cell phone games are crazy useful when shopping with women, which happens to me more often then I'd like it to.
  • Reply 19 of 19
    dinadina Posts: 1member
    I wonder if anyone actually clicks on the links for the software advertised by these spammers.

Please, if you see a spammer advertising video conversion software, please report it immediately. Also - do a little research and find better software than what they're offering for free.

Cheers - Graham, your friendly neighborhood mod.