MacMinute claims to have new iMac info/photo.

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
<a href="http://www.macminute.com/"; target="_blank">http://www.macminute.com/</a>;

[quote]

BREAKING NEWS: New iMac revealed

January 6 - 22:30 ET: Apple's new iMac, set to be announced tomorrow at Macworld Expo, is featured on the cover of the January 7 issue of Time magazine. MacMinute obtained a copy of the issue and will bringing you details momentarily.

<hr></blockquote>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 223
    Oh my dear lord!
  • Reply 2 of 223
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    DAMN! You beat me to it. Glad I refreshed the paghe at least. Oh, the scruples. Do I really want a spoiler at this point? Perhaps I should go to bed now -- and never sleep a wink. :confused:

DOUBLE DAMN! I couldn't even make the first response to this thread!

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: BuonRotto ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 223
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    [quote]Originally posted by SkullMac:

<strong><a href="http://www.macminute.com/"; target="_blank">http://www.macminute.com/</a>;

</strong><hr></blockquote>

My gosh you're fast... I had this in my paste buffer..... January 6 - 22:30 ET: Apple's new iMac, set to be announced tomorrow at Macworld Expo, is featured on the cover of the January 7 issue of Time magazine. MacMinute obtained a copy of the issue and will bringing you details momentarily

Sorry didn't wanna waste it...

Update:

Apple's new iMac, set to be announced tomorrow at Macworld Expo, is featured on the cover of the January 7 issue of Time magazine, which MacMinute has obtained. The new iMac features a hemisphere base with a chrome arm that extends and holds the 15-inch flat panel display. The high-end model will feature a SuperDrive. Also revealed in the article are details of Apple's iPhoto software, which will allow users to easily create photo albums from their digital cameras. Users will also be able to create a 10-page photo album of their images, which Apple print and collate into a hardcover album for about US$30. More details to follow...

Dave

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: DaveGee ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 223
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Could that "TIME" be at a newstand already. They probably got a exclusive story if the thing wasn't to hit news stands untill tommorow. If so I'm off to the local international presse.
  • Reply 4 of 223
    yee-hah! gimme gimme gimme pics!

SdC
  • Reply 6 of 223
    mithrasmithras Posts: 165member
    So it *does* have a swivel arm. Cool.

Okay, I don't want photos I don't think; I want to be at least pretty surprised tomorrow.

High-end has Superdrive == G4 ??
  • Reply 6 of 223
    tcotco Posts: 87member
    Hmm... hemisphere sound familiar to anyone else here?
  • Reply 6 of 223
    [quote]Originally posted by DaveGee:

<strong>

My gosh you're fast... I had this in my paste buffer..... January 6 - 22:30 ET: Apple's new iMac, set to be announced tomorrow at Macworld Expo, is featured on the cover of the January 7 issue of Time magazine. MacMinute obtained a copy of the issue and will bringing you details momentarily

Sorry didn't wanna waste it...

Dave</strong><hr></blockquote>

I got lucky I suppose. I just got back to my dorm and happened to check MacMin. I came here and saw no topic about it (yet).

I dunno. I kinda want to wait till tomorrow to see it, but part of me feels like there will be more than the new iMac at tomorrow's expo. Even if there isn't, Steve's RDF will make the unveiling seem like I'd never seen the product before.
  • Reply 6 of 223
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member

he new iMac features a hemisphere base with a chrome arm that extends and holds the 15-inch flat panel display. The high-end model will feature a SuperDrive.

if this if correct (superdrive!!!), my credit card will be used tomorrow for sure!!! g

dang..no sleep now...
  • Reply 10 of 223
    erbiumerbium Posts: 354member
    Anyone want to sketch what this thing might look like!?

I'm betting we'll see similarities between the iMac, and the 25th Anniversary Mac.

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: erbium ]</p>
  • Reply 10 of 223
    thentrothentro Posts: 231member
    TIME did this for the seway too!

but front page??? the imac??
  • Reply 10 of 223
    This description fits in well with the Naked Mole Rat's info posted long ago. The speakers were supposedly codenamed "orbit" which makes sense here while the new mouse and keyboard were codenamed "click" and "clack" respectively. If this thing has a superdrive than at least one configuration will sport a G4, right? Please?
  • Reply 10 of 223
    I said it would have a superdrive all along.

SO DID MASTERGATEING!
  • Reply 14 of 223
    david rdavid r Posts: 135member
    The night before "It" or "Ginger" was going to be revealed, Time had a detailed article with pictures on their website. It ruined the surprise but it was still lots of fun.

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: David R ]</p>
  • Reply 14 of 223
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    [quote]Originally posted by TCO:

<strong>Hmm... hemisphere sound familiar to anyone else here?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Not really. Please refresh my memory. Thanks.
  • Reply 14 of 223
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Oh my god.

Superdrive.

Me=Happy

• Reply 17 of 223
    Dang, dang, wow. I cannot wait to see the photo, and hope it is not a fake.. But, I would hope this is not ALL that Apple is announcing tommorow. (Or their big thing)
  • Reply 17 of 223
    [quote]Originally posted by DaveGee:

<strong>Apple's new iMac, set to be announced tomorrow at Macworld Expo, is featured on the cover of the January 7 issue of Time magazine, which MacMinute has obtained. The new iMac features a hemisphere base with a chrome arm that extends and holds the 15-inch flat panel display. The high-end model will feature a SuperDrive. Also revealed in the article are details of Apple's iPhoto software, which will allow users to easily create photo albums from their digital cameras. Users will also be able to create a 10-page photo album of their images, which Apple print and collate into a hardcover album for about US$30. More details to follow...[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: DaveGee ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, that settles it. SpyMac is full of crap (then again, who was surprised). Of course, a G4 iMac *is* way beyond most rumor sites (and a 15" LCD is beyond SpyMac).
  • Reply 19 of 223
    tcotco Posts: 87member
    It was updated slightly again, it says G4.
  • Reply 19 of 223
    Hey, there's NO proof yet. They're probably just doing a 'Spymac'