Apple design is just becoming rounded rectangles?!

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    Round rectangles have been a signature item since the original Mac.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    Smart alecs, you know what I mean!
  • Reply 23 of 24
    wircwirc Posts: 302member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MajorMatt View Post

Smart alecs, you know what I mean!

No, I don't. Almost all shapes that can be slapped on a widget are just stupid decorations. Really good ones, like the original iBook made the funny shape actually useful. It worked. But it will always be the same cycle of adding and reducing parts as they go in and out of vogue. At the end of the day all computers are just these boxes, with different moldings.

Besides, a bold new design does not have to mean adding new lines to the box like HP has done well with. There still is room for material innovation, and hell, I think that making the computer disappear is pretty cool.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer View Post

[Personally, I am holding out for the next rev of Macbook, I hear it is going to be a conic hexagon...

The next big product design revolution from Apple is, John Ives: "You know, we thought about it for a long while, and worked through a lot of ideas. Then I realised, 3-dimensions is so last millenium. From now on, all new Apple products will be designed, manufactured and exist in 6 or more dimensions..."

http://www.tenthdimension.com/

*Interesting approach, talks about probability and folding, as opposed to

my previous experience of just seeing "mathematical" visualisations of extra dimensions.

Nice how he rounds up the 10th dimension into superString theory

As a layman, I don't think I got all of what is going on, but an interesting approach, nonetheless.

<dune>Spice enables folding space. To be anywhere at anytime... Whoever controls spice, controls......</dune>