Chance Of A Touch Screen Cinema Display?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by >_> View Post

Ehhh...

For you nay-sayers.. watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJKDBfdwabk

Imagine the possible applications that kind of technology has. Worst-case scenario, you stand the display up-right, and use an external mouse / keyboard.

- Xidius

Good luck implementing that on a current-day operating system while maintaining app compatibility.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    Something like that video is coming, but i'm afraid it won't be from apple soon.

It sure creates a lot of possibilities i guess mostly in the creative area, VJ's, DJ's, graphic designers will love it.

If I could decide it's a go ;-)

Xidius, your worst case scenario is not correct.

Using a external mouse & keyboard is nothing new.

What's the point of making a horizontal tilted cinema display? Even i could do that...

And if you are standing up, where are you gonna keep the mouse & keyboard, given that it is a standalone computer on a stand...
  • Reply 23 of 26
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drazztikka View Post

Xidius, your worst case scenario is not correct.

Using a external mouse & keyboard is nothing new.

What's the point of making a horizontal tilted cinema display? Even i could do that...

And if you are standing up, where are you gonna keep the mouse & keyboard, given that it is a standalone computer on a stand...

Worst-case scenario would be an app that doesn't work so well with a touch-interface, an app that doesn't work with it at all, or one that requires many keys of a keyboard, or a mouse cursor to be effective. (Like a game) In that case, you could just stand the touch-display up like a modern-day display, and hook up an external mouse / keyboard combo.

- Xidius
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Okay in that way yes, still doesn't sound like an apple solution...
  • Reply 25 of 26
    touching a screen in front of you all day would give you sore arms.

Better yet 2 screens, a touch screen were you have the keyboard, and a big screen for response.

The input output combo
  • Reply 26 of 26
    wircwirc Posts: 302member
    I think this was covered in this thread as well.

I think that a screen, if it's of the Jeff Han types is the future, eventually, but not for a hella long time. A lot of technology and functionality needs to catch up. And cost need to come down.

I can see manufacturers building computers that look like this. They would fold up until you needed it, and have an arm pop out with a panel and become something similar to a sideways iMac G4. It would preserve the desk, but would not sacrifice function.