OS X apps you'd like to see on the iPhone

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    geobegeobe Posts: 235member
    1) Itunes -easy first one

2) QT - I want to be able to play video's sent to me via email

3) iChat - there will probably be tons of integration between iPhone and leopard with iChat

4) .Mac integration - I would like to be able to snap a picture and upload it to my .Mac homepage with a simple flew clicks..

5) iWork and iLife readers- I don't need the apps themselves, but I would like readers at least.

6) Apple Chess

7) Apple Calculator - Not only the regular calculator, but the scientific and programmer too. Whent the latter two are selected, the phone rotates to landscape mode.
  • Reply 22 of 37
    mmm garageband haha
  • Reply 23 of 37
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    I think the iPhone version of Garageband should be called "Bootleg".
  • Reply 24 of 37
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xool View Post

Terminal anyone?

Although yes, OmniOutliner is a winner too.

I absolutely agree!! But what are the chances of them giving us Terminal?
  • Reply 25 of 37
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lungaretta View Post

I absolutely agree!! But what are the chances of them giving us Terminal?

What would be the purpose of Terminal?
  • Reply 26 of 37
    Wow!!!
  • Reply 27 of 37
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    vista

• Reply 28 of 37
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k squared View Post

What would be the purpose of Terminal?

You could connect to your computer with SSH for text-only instant messaging, IRC, et cetera. You could download any document on your computer to the phone, so if you forgot to sync or didn't know you were going to need this particular thing, no problem, just fetch it on the run. You could do quick checkups and fixes on servers you administrate.
  • Reply 29 of 37
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gon View Post

You could connect to your computer with SSH for text-only instant messaging, IRC, et cetera. You could download any document on your computer to the phone, so if you forgot to sync or didn't know you were going to need this particular thing, no problem, just fetch it on the run. You could do quick checkups and fixes on servers you administrate.

Cool. Well, lets hope Apple's watching the forums.
  • Reply 30 of 37
    m0rrem0rre Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gon View Post

I totally agree! I use the terminal 100% of the time I use my computer, so adding the terminal to the iPhone would be totally awsome!
  • Reply 31 of 37
  • Reply 32 of 37
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    This is not an OS X app but it is something that I think many people would like.

The ability to display random photos like those LCD photo displays do. This way, when your not using your iPhone, you can prop it up on the long side and it'll radomly display your pics.

I'd like this because I recently decided I wanted a LCD photo display until I saw the prices of them. They are more expensive than many mini-DVD players and I think mini-DVD players require more effort to build.
  • Reply 33 of 37
    Lets go for the full package and get Cisco VPN for connecting securely to work along with terminal as mentioned above and despite the really small screen Apple and Windows remote desktop apps would be killer.

I think it is pretty obvious they will add the 'back to my mac' feature from Leopard and .mac to the iPhone so your remote mac can do all the heavy lifting and they won't have to open up the iphone to developers since all apps will be available via your computer.
  • Reply 34 of 37
    Keynote.

Then, when I make a presentation, I don't need my laptop - just plug in my iPhone and tap away!
  • Reply 35 of 37
    fuzz_ballfuzz_ball Posts: 390member
    I Want My Virtual Pc
  • Reply 36 of 37
    iCal with multiple calendar support (I use all the colors, and it's important for me!)
  • Reply 37 of 37
    A drawing program of some sort along with a photo editor where you can apply overlay effects like brightness/contrast, hue/saturation, levels, and other effects.

A Goo/Liquify effect would be great too to use with the touch screen.

Along with a way to save the photos as well.