Got a GarageBand or Logic Creation? Share it!

Comments

• Reply 21 of 43
    Ok, I'll just pretend I didn't say what was in this post.
  • Reply 22 of 43
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Celemourn View Post

Marc, those are HOT! (in the non-sexual sense of the word)

thanks! maybe one day i'll sort my act out and make something of myself.
  • Reply 23 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MarcUK View Post

the story behind these two is that in 95 or 96 I decided to go to college to do Music Tech. It was chaos, because this was the first year that this course had been started at the college, so no-one, not even the tutors knew what was going on. After a few weeks they decided that the course would be we would learn about styles of music from the decades, 60,70,80,90, so we started at the sixties. I was quite excited at the time and wrote these two one night. The next week I left the course because it was shite.

Im not sure the first one is 60's style, i think it would be better as a theme music for some wacky slightly perverse cartoon

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mysteries/pinky.mp3

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mysteries/70s.mp3

these are pretty much the ensoniq - (piano, flute,strings, sax) yamaha sy99 and a dr660 drum machine with a bassStation for the bassline in the second track.

MarcUK's music can be found at:

Http://www.TheMadHermit.com/Music/pinky.mp3

Http://www.TheMadHermit.com/Music/70s.mp3

TMH
  • Reply 24 of 43
    http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mysteries/newpiano.mp3

This is the last little piece I wrote a couple of years ago, after a long break from music, just to see if I could, it was using the default piano that shipped with Kontakt, but I didn't like the sound of it, so didn't get very far.
  • Reply 25 of 43

Http://www.TheMadHermit.com/Music/newpiano.mp3

TMH
  • Reply 26 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheMadHermit View Post

Http://www.TheMadHermit.com/Music/newpiano.mp3

TMH

BTW Marc, on Piano3, was that all keyed directly to the recorder, or was sequencing used?
  • Reply 27 of 43
    Celemourn's music can be found at:

Http://www.TheMadHermit.com/Music/Off-Duty.mp3

TMH
  • Reply 28 of 43
    Quote:

BTW Marc, on Piano3, was that all keyed directly to the recorder, or was sequencing used?

that was played on the Ensoniq, it had a beautiful action on the keyboard, into the sequencer of the SY99. If you listen closely, there are 2 main parts to the piano, theres the main tune, and a kind of counter tune all going on at the same time, there was also probably a few bass notes added by manipulating the sequencer as im not too hot on 2 handed playing. Once I had a few bars down, I usually copied them and tweaked a few notes, so its not like I played the thing all the way through without making a mistake. Then I would add things like the strings, I cant remember if I added those by playing or whether I just added notes one at a time in the step-sequencer. All the other stuff in this was played in to the sequencer rather than sequence editted.

The track monster2 was entirely created within cubase by drawing in the tunes on the screen.

Pinky, and 70's were mostly 'played' into the sequencer on the SY99, apart from the drums which I step entered, but probably at about 20bpm less than the final recording. The arpegiatted flute on pinky was step-entered entirely ad-lib and was quite a suprise to actually find it made a nice tune, no thought went into it at all, it took about a minute to enter 8 bars. Subconsciously Im a genuis

newpiano was recorded into cubase without a metronome or quantizing, its just me playing adlib on the AN1x (which is the only synth I own now), but its still a multitracked piece.
  • Reply 29 of 43
    Quote:

Celemourn's music can be found at:

Http://www.TheMadHermit.com/Music/Off-Duty.mp3

TMH

Thanks, TMH.

I whipped this one up yesterday afternoon. Mostly loops (though I created two of the loops myself). Need to get my piano hooked up!
  • Reply 30 of 43
    Quote:

Welcome. Anyone else who needs a host, just private message me and I'll give you an email address to send the files to. I'll toss em up and post the links in here. Just reply to the post I make with the links in it to supply commentary.

TMH

Guys! Just sign up for a free account with iCompositions.com --- they have the free hosting and they can handle the traffic. It's an excellent site.
  • Reply 31 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Guys! Just sign up for a free account with iCompositions.com --- they have the free hosting and they can handle the traffic. It's an excellent site.

Actually, I did just that. Got over 800 free loops too!

MUHAHAHAHAAA!!!

Actually, I probably wouldn't have signed up if it weren't for the loops.
  • Reply 32 of 43
    Quote:

Actually, I did just that. Got over 800 free loops too!

MUHAHAHAHAAA!!!

Actually, I probably wouldn't have signed up if it weren't for the loops.

Oh, yes! I forgot about that...
  • Reply 33 of 43
    Neat samples of all kinds o stuff.

MarcUK,

Pinky is cute as hell, but 70's just frickin' rocks. Piano3 is also nice. You have a melodic 'bent'. I too thought my college music program, well, basically sucked, as they were teaching teachers and not writers/performers.

Wish more would admit to using this stuff. Since you can stuff MP3, Aiff, MIDI, files into GB and you also have ba-zillion's of loops to use, there is no shortage of input. There should be no shortage of output.

Paz
  • Reply 34 of 43
    Through The Belt of Jupiter

Not finished yet, as I still need to add some radio chatter to the background, but figured I'd put it out anyway.

Celemourn
  • Reply 35 of 43
    Now this looks like a lot of fun
  • Reply 36 of 43
    celemourncelemourn Posts: 769member
  • Reply 37 of 43
    I just posted two songs on iCompositions.

The first one is a quick punk number and the second is a rock version of the wedding march that my wife walked down the isle to. I thought that was pretty cool of her to do so.

http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=59959

http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=59960
  • Reply 38 of 43
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Cool guys. Nice to see more people joining the iComp fold!
  • Reply 39 of 43
    celemourncelemourn Posts: 769member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Cool guys. Nice to see more people joining the iComp fold!

yeah, it's like a cult, but without Kool-Aid or tithing.
  • Reply 40 of 43
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

yeah, it's like a cult, but without Kool-Aid or tithing.

Say "hi" to Lilichi and JHarley, two of the coolest nuts on the site.