Apple seen expanding Broadcom touch technology to future devices

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

Trendannoyer,

Unfortunately, and I have done it myself, often assume that these analysts' reports are 'new' news. In fact, they are simply recomendations that they draw up to send to their clients to help them in their stock purchases or sellings.

Much of the information is old hat, redundant and based on assumptions that the analyst concludes with the information that they have available at the time of writing.

As such, these 'analysts recommendations' are not really 'Insider' information as we would expect to see here. And should be taken as just one man's or company's opinion whether to invest or not invest in Apple.

Like everything else, I certainly look forward to reading everything about the Mac. Even the analysts' reports. Unfortunately, more often then not, I would still hedge my bets based on many of their assumptions that these so-called experts claim, simply by the often misunderstanding or limited knowledge of the technology that they are reviewing.

yeah, i think you missed the sarcasm by a fair bit

i know its old news

any reasonable 12yr old could make the same predictions. most people on here DID the moment we started thinking about the iPhone. so why do we need to read about every sam spud that calls themselves an analyst? beats me.

but yeah, i guess you "expect" rightly or wrongly that "this time will be different" and you might read something NEW.... will i ever learn nope
  • Reply 22 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by willrob View Post

The cost of touchscreens will come down once volume is increased, but currently it wouldn't make sense to use them on low end devices (for example the Nano which is under $200).

As far as replacing keyboards on laptops, that's a good idea if the price can be held down. In the mean time I'd like to see the typing correction feature of the iPhone's virtual keyboard added to Leopard, where it would work with real keyboards. Previous implementations of typing correction (as in MS Word) sucked. As a poor typist, I'd love a system that could guess (and guess well) my intention and provide the correct word automatically, and offer a choice of words when in doubt.

I cannot see a multi-touch keyboard making any headway since feedback is essential for fast, accurate typing. I'd certainly want to see what Apple could do with such a keyboard, but it couldn't be a "serious" business tool. Might be OK for home use.