New Mac Pro 8-core Clovertown will be come out...?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,825member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RobM View Post

hell, yes!

Not worried at all really - absolutely looking forward to it !

I've been without a tower for the last 2 years, didn't buy into the G5 at all. Running my business off a G4 pb - but the time is NOW.

I need expansion - and to throw in an AJA Kona card.

Huge job coming up in that will more than pay for the rig.

I have a dual 1.42 GHz G4 - how old are they! Plugged in a USB 2 card, (ignored the CD that came with it) and I'm back in business.

I have a 12" PB too, wouldn't mind a 12" MBP.

Better get back on thread! I'll be buying a tower this year - guess we didn't decide when the new models are coming out? \

All the best.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member
    cheers, dude !
  • Reply 23 of 25
    once apple comes out with the 8 core mac pros and when they start shipping with leapord i am going t buy one right away

i just really hope that apple lowers the prices of their cinema displays by alot especially their 30-inch model it is just too much for people to afford sometimes more than the comp which is why so many people are going and buying third party displays.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IQatEdo View Post

I have a dual 1.42 GHz G4 - how old are they! Plugged in a USB 2 card, (ignored the CD that came with it) and I'm back in business.

I have a 12" PB too, wouldn't mind a 12" MBP.

Better get back on thread! I'll be buying a tower this year - guess we didn't decide when the new models are coming out? \

All the best.

WOW I was working on some ones system and they had to go through 2 usb cards of the same type before changing when it was in the mac system lost video and when put in to a pc it did the same thing so I had to get a differnt one and it worked.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RobM View Post

Well, I couldn't wait any longer and pick my beast up tomorrow.

I have a feeling Apple may delay the release of the Octo's - I hope not for those of you who are waiting.

I really think the big hoohaa at NAB (mid April) will all be about Mac Pro Octo and 4k from RedOne -

phhsst 2k ? whassdat ? That's some old film resolution ain't it ? LOL

2k is what theaters are starting to adopt now, and there is only one model 4k projector available. The extra $100k per theater it takes to get 4k just isn't worth it yet. Also, from what I can tell, Red One is a relatively standard single chip design, each pixel only represents one primary color each, to get 4:4:4 for good compositing quality, you you have to use 2k anyway.