Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    double
  • Reply 42 of 43
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aegisdesign View Post

I wonder if the European launch will be brought forward too if they're a couple of months early in the USA. Otherwise it's another couple of months of American Crash Test Dummy testing before we get one with the bugs worked out here in Europe.

If the v1 hardware is essentially done now and working it's way through Taiwan's factories as we speak, let's hope they've got the v2 hardware ready for the European launch.

I would be surprised if iPhones are in manufacturing unless Apple already has preliminary FCC approval. Since none of that paperwork has been released yet by the FCC, it's unlikely that process it very far along. I don't see Apple gambling on an early production run until the main regulatory hurdles are crossed and all they are waiting on is the paperwork.
  • Reply 43 of 43
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aegisdesign View Post

If the v1 hardware is essentially done now and working it's way through Taiwan's factories as we speak, let's hope they've got the v2 hardware ready for the European launch. Something like this 3G phone from Meizu would be nice...

I think that looks pretty nifty. I think it's a bummer that these companies wouldn't spend any of their budget coming up with something more creative than a fairly blatant knock-off on the appearance, but it's obviously a mock-up. Meizu's got something else that's much like the nano in many parts of the design:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/12/m...th-music-card/