Fixes continue to mount in Mac OS X 10.4.9 seeds

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 54
    "ThinkSecret" Reports that Mac OS X (10.5) "Leopard" Development is "Wrapping-Up faster than many @ "Apple" even anticipated" and that the *NEWEST* Version of Mac OS X could be expected as soon as the end of March.

The "Rumor Site" also expects that "Apple" will Launch the *NEW* Versions of "iLife" ('07) and "iWork" ('07) AlongSide "Leopard". They claim that both "iLife" and "iWork" were delayed due to the Addition of some Leopard-Specific Features to the Productivity Suites.

"Apple" last Stated that "Leopard" would still Ship in Spring and implied that the "iLife" Suite would be Updated soon.
  • Reply 42 of 54
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    You don't need to use so many quotes. I think titles and proper names might merit italics at most, quotes don't fit the use.

I'd wait for other confirmation, Think Secret's record hasn't been very good for a good while.

At any rate, I hope Apple is not rushing the software. They can announce & release it at WWDC and still be on time with regard to previous estimates.
  • Reply 43 of 54
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I'd wait for other confirmation, Think Secret's record hasn't been very good for a good while.

Yeah, I saw this rumor a few days ago and I cannot just believe that Apple will have Leopard ready for an end of March introduction. There is zero indication that the OS development is nearing completion. On the other hand, according to recent reports here in AI, Leopard has still a long way to go. One would even say that Apple is going to miss the Spring 2007 target and go for a WWDC or end of May (to keep the promise) release.
  • Reply 44 of 54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

One would even say that Apple is going to miss the Spring 2007 target and go for a WWDC or end of May (to keep the promise) release.

WWDC07 is just before the end of Spring, so an announcement of immediate release at the WWDC would still qualify.
  • Reply 45 of 54
    Quote:

WWDC07 is just before the end of Spring, so an announcement of immediate release at the WWDC would still qualify.

I thought WWDC07 starts on June 11.
  • Reply 46 of 54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

I thought WWDC07 starts on June 11.

Summer Solstice isn't until the week after that, so it's till Spring. Another standard convention is that the months of April May and June are the Spring calendar quarter.
  • Reply 47 of 54
    My point excactly!!! Giving that Mac OS X (10.4.9) Update isn't out yet.
  • Reply 48 of 54
    Quote:

Summer Solstice isn't until the week after that, so it's till Spring.

Typically Spring ends three weeks before that. The Solstice does not marks the beggining of a season. I don't know in economics/finance or whatever else, but in climatology it is just like that.

Quote:

Another standard convention is that the months of April May and June are the Spring calendar quarter.

Standard convention? Never heard of that before.
  • Reply 49 of 54
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Wikipedia knows all... PB, are you perhaps a meteorologist?

"Spring is one of the four seasons of temperate zones, the transition from winter into summer. Astronomically, some Western countries consider spring to begin with the vernal equinox (around March 20 in the Northern Hemisphere, and September 23 in the Southern Hemisphere), and ends with the summer solstice (around June 21 in the Northern Hemisphere and December 21 in the Southern Hemisphere). Such conventions are by no means universal, however. In Chinese astronomy, for example, the vernal equinox instead marks the middle of spring, which begins around the time of Lichun (around February 4). In the Irish Calendar it is counted as the whole months of February, March and April. In meteorology, it is (also by convention) instead counted as the whole months of March, April, and May in the Northern Hemisphere and September, October, and November in the Southern Hemisphere."

Most of the public in the US would consider the first definition to be the standard one.

From the entry for 'fiscal year'...

"Such fiscal years are typically numbered using a calendar year and quarter thereof. A fiscal quarter is 3 months (1/4 of a year). For example, the United States government fiscal year for 2007 ("FY07", sometimes written "FY06–07") is as follows:

1st Quarter: October 1, 2006 – December 31, 2006

2nd Quarter: January 1, 2007 – March 31, 2007

3rd Quarter: April 1, 2007 – June 30, 2007

4th Quarter: July 1, 2007 – September 30, 2007"

1Q is also referred to as the Fall Quarter, which would make 3Q Spring.
  • Reply 50 of 54
    Well, where is this update? I thought we would have seen it by now!
  • Reply 51 of 54
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Morris View Post

"Cheeta" (10.0), (10.0.4)

"Puma" (10.1), (10.1.5)

"Jaguar" (10.2), (10.2.8)

"Panther" (10.3), (10.3.9)

"Tiger" (10.4), (10.4.10)

"Leopard" (10.5), (10.5.11/10.5.12)

I see a pattern, no doubt...

Yes!!!! I see!!! Damn! They all have cat names!
  • Reply 52 of 54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post

Wikipedia knows all... PB, are you perhaps a meteorologist?

I forgot to give you an answer when was the time, so here it is: not a meterologist, but I have some background one usually expects to find in people of disciplines like that.
  • Reply 53 of 54
    Apple has droped another 10.4.9 seed to developers.

Limited info can be found at ThinkSecret.

Quote:

As with the previous two seeds, the new builds, 8P132 (PowerPC) and 8P2132 (Universal), are listed as having no known issues in accompanying notes. Apple is soliciting feedback from developers on roughly two dozen areas of the operating system for the client update, however, and slightly fewer than that for the server update.

Hopefully we all will see this very soon

• Reply 54 of 54
    Man, I couldn't agree with You more. Although, I've been hearing some conflicting Reports on "Leopard" because One says that it'll be Released-Out the End of March and Today I've heard that "Apple" is delaying it more because they've discovered more BUGS. So who knows, who cares. Mac OS X (10.4.9/10.5) will Come-Out when they're good and ready. Personally, I don't really belive half of these Reports that these People put out anyway.