It's official: Apple and The Beatles kiss and make up

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    wircwirc Posts: 302member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

No, but how about a meeting?

Why would you have to have a séance with someone who's still alive? Is that even possible?

Jimmy Page is famously obsessed with the occult. I did not mean a séance for Jimmy Page.
  • Reply 42 of 47
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    It seems as though Apple Inc. really wanted to get this over with.

The High Judge said that Apple Corps had to pay all legal fees.

The settlement has allowed both parties to pay their own fees.

Apple Inc. now owns all trademarks relating to both companies and will license them back to Apple Corps as needed(which party decides that?), interesting phrasing.

I read in Forbes Monday, that Apple Inc. paid Apple Corps somewhere between $50 and $100 million for those trademarks.

As they had won the case, and according to those expert in those matters in England, they should have won the appeal as well, Jobs obviously wanted to get through this. Paying them for the trademarks was a good move, as now Apple Inc. actually owns the Apple Corps mark.

Aspinall's remark that they looked forward to many years of cooperation with Apple Inc., is, I hope, also telling us what we want to hear.

It's possible that the deal was not finished in time for the Super-bowl, which could be why the supposed ad didn't appear.

Maybe they didn't want to pull what they pulled over Cisco.
  • Reply 43 of 47
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Anyone else looking forward to seeing Apple Inc. at the bottom of the Apple Corps. website?
  • Reply 44 of 47
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feynman View Post

Anyone else looking forward to seeing Apple Inc. at the bottom of the Apple Corps. website?

No thanks.
  • Reply 46 of 47
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by schillid View Post

BEATLES + ITUNES : Two Apples[/COLOR][/u]

It's bad netiquette to cross-post like that.