Are there video tutorials on how to use macs?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smashbrosfan View Post

Wow... Just... Wow. If you're really that lazy, go back to Windows...[/URL]

Ouch. I couldn't disagree more. One of the many things I've always liked about Macs over the years is that they give me a sense of "Help is there is you want it, and not there if you don't." True, this feels less the case with Apple now that the pace of technology has accelerated, but generally Apple makes up for it with intuitive guis.

I believe Apple should always strive to make things easier and more helpful so long as they don't adopt the Windows pop-up "Do you know that Anti-virus software is not installed? Are you trying to write a list? Did you know that you just disconnected a device? Caution - a fatal error has occurred" Maddening
  • Reply 22 of 22
    om2om2 Posts: 67member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smashbrosfan View Post

Wow... Just... Wow. If you're really that lazy, go back to Windows and save the rest of us the hassle. If you really want to learn about Macs, open the lid and use it. If we just tell you everything, you won't learn anything.

Furthermore, .dmg's are NOT .zips.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disk_image

thanks for the reply.

as some others suggested... i think ur a bit harsh.

there's a place and need for video tutorials.

reading a page full of text on something that is telling you to click menu's here and there is hard to digest in my opinion.

having a real live recording of someone taking you through the steps i think is easier to lern and easier to remember since you're seeing it in action.

have you ever tried a video tutorial?

i don't think they replace text tutorials... but rather give a good addition/alternative to learn.