OK, ThirtySomethings...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 40
    hardeeharharhardeeharhar Posts: 4,841member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Your fundie parents didn't have a problem with the video? Not only is it a sexy video, It seems to be a tribute to people like the super hot Ms. Lafave.

mmm... sexy after school program teacher.
  • Reply 22 of 40
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Of course, child rape is child rape.
  • Reply 23 of 40
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Some of us remember when MTV had nothing to play BUT videos.

Anyone who is 30ish and grew up watching Sid & Marty Krofft has no ability to question inappropriate imagery on television because everything we watched growing up was clearly created by adults who were high as a kite.

I mean I loved the Bugaloos but the people who created were clearly enjoying some happy pills.

Nick

Thirtyish? Try fortyish! Oh, yes... Those were the good old bad old days.... Shakey's Pizza sing-alongs, Hee-Haw, Jimmy Carter, Wonder Woman, What's Happening?, Welcome Back Kotter, gas lines, wide lapels, bell-bottom jeans, "designer" jeans, Land of the Lost, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, endless Three Stooges reruns, Star Wars (before it was just another "episode"), Alice's Restaurant, Cat Stevens before he was Yusuf Islam, the end of the Vietnam War... man, is it me, or is it getting old in here?
  • Reply 24 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Some of us remember when MTV had nothing to play BUT videos.

Anyone who is 30ish and grew up watching Sid & Marty Krofft has no ability to question inappropriate imagery on television because everything we watched growing up was clearly created by adults who were high as a kite.

I mean I loved the Bugaloos but the people who created were clearly enjoying some happy pills.

Nick

LOL...

I bought my kids a DVD of "Hong Kong Phooey" they LOVE it !!!
  • Reply 25 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trailmaster308 View Post

Remember when they actually played videos on MTV?

I remember when MTV showed the top 10 countdown at night. David Lee Roth, Bon Jovi, and Def Leppard were always on top.

Also, Yo! MTV Raps was one of the best shows on TV. Period.
  • Reply 26 of 40
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Thirtyish? Try fortyish! Oh, yes... Those were the good old bad old days.... Shakey's Pizza sing-alongs, Hee-Haw, Jimmy Carter, Wonder Woman, What's Happening?, Welcome Back Kotter, gas lines, wide lapels, bell-bottom jeans, "designer" jeans, Land of the Lost, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, endless Three Stooges reruns, Star Wars (before it was just another "episode"), Alice's Restaurant, Cat Stevens before he was Yusuf Islam, the end of the Vietnam War... man, is it me, or is it getting old in here?

One of my cousins was a Hee-Haw girl (she went on to marry Bruce Jenner and then the film composer David Foster and then star in the Prince's of Malibu). I used to watch Hee-Haw every weekend.
  • Reply 27 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

LOL...

I bought my kids a DVD of "Hong Kong Phooey" they LOVE it !!!

Hong Kong Phooey...the number one super guy?

OMG I loved that toon. Always tried to climb in file cabinets when i was a kid.
  • Reply 28 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Kind of off-topic:

I always wanted a good looking teacher, but always ended up with gremlins and trolls for educators. Has anyone ever had a hot teacher when they were in school?
  • Reply 29 of 40
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Third, WHY ARE THERE NINJAS?! (Of course, I know, ninjas are awesome).

I think a better question would be:

WHY AREN'T THERE MORE NINJAS?

Or even:

Why aren't there more ninjas on TV NOW?
  • Reply 30 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

Kind of off-topic:

I always wanted a good looking teacher, but always ended up with gremlins and trolls for educators. Has anyone ever had a hot teacher when they were in school?

Yes! My Shakespeare Lit teacher was very attractive. Sadly, she moved though.
  • Reply 31 of 40
    Quote:

Kind of off-topic:

6th grade... She sort of set the course for what I consider to be my ideal beauty....
  • Reply 32 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by segovius View Post

When it was bought it was a ruin...50 rooms that had been left abandoned since WW2 when it was a hospital for soldiers or something.

They had to rent it out to film companies and such to get the money to renovate...they did a few others there and a film but I can't remember what..an episode of 'Poirot' also I think.

This is a pic of it

Whoa! I 'have' that Poirot episode. A very gracious house indeed!

Do you ever stay there, if you don't mind the question?

Is the house more or less 50-50 - i.e. half residential, half conference center?

Sorry if these questions seem intrusive.
  • Reply 33 of 40
    jimdreamworxjimdreamworx Posts: 1,095member
    Quote:

...consider briefly whether or not videos like this might tell us something about our generation...

That we really, really needed an excuse to watch music on television?

While this video has nothing to do with the song lyrics, how many do?

Going back in time, one of my more favorite videos was Chicago's Stay The Night.

You can't go wrong with a chase scene in a video!

Note, the very beginning of the video where the singer is grabbing for the girl's leg, she pulls his hand away, then for her chest, and she slaps him in time to the drum beginning - and then the first words are: "I don't want you to misunderstand me."

Brilliance!
  • Reply 34 of 40
    Quote:

I used to watch Hee-Haw every weekend.

I consider us among those brave enough to admit it.
  • Reply 35 of 40
    Quote:

Kind of off-topic:

Yes. My German language teacher in high school. She was also a model for hire (for stuff like store catalogs and Sunday inserts), and she was quite a lady. Sigh.
  • Reply 36 of 40
    Quote:

Yes. My German language teacher in high school. She was also a model for hire (for stuff like store catalogs and Sunday inserts), and she was quite a lady. Sigh.

How often did you use those Sunday inserts for...ahem...personal relief...
  • Reply 37 of 40
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

I consider us among those brave enough to admit it.

Well, my cousin was pretty hot.
  • Reply 38 of 40
    Quote:

Well, my cousin was pretty hot.

Hee Hawwww!!!
  • Reply 39 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maimezvous View Post

How often did you use those Sunday inserts for...ahem...personal relief...

Never. The real person was there to see every week... ah, memories....