It's a Conspiracy!

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    @_@ artman@_@ artman Posts: 5,231member
    I'm not gonna burst your bubble. Could this have been caused by atmospheric changes? It looks like you shot then at sunrise or sunset. Something with the sun and clouds? I no expert so your photos still stand. They look to me like solid objects.

The UFO I saw was with a friend of mine. I had binoculars and had climbed up our tallest hill in the neighborhood to view the landscape. The object we saw was about 10-15 feet in diameter, mirror smooth and a little flatter than an M&M. What was so exciting was that it was only about 100 feet from the ground and about 10 miles away. Totally silent and moving very slowly. When I looked at it with the binoculars it had a strange reflective quality. Somehow I think it was able to reverse reflection so that anyone looking above would only see sky. We were both freaked out. After a few minutes it started ascending at a faster rate and then whoosh...it was gone.
  • Reply 42 of 46
    hypoluxahypoluxa Posts: 694member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by segovius View Post

The idea is that the Government is not telling the truth about the phenomena - as if such a thing were possible

I saw a UFO once a few years back - 2 in fact - and took a photo of them which I still possess. They were over the city in Paris and executing some highly unfeasible aerial maneuvers.

Something is definitely going on up there but I do not believe personally we are being visited by ETs or that the Government knows what the phenomena is - although it certainly seems interested enough.

Nor is there any evidence for the alleged crashes; Roswell has been pretty much discredited and so have the rumoured Sirocco and Aurora incidents. Perhaps the only 'contact' case that has any merit is the UK Rendlesham Forest incident which has some very anomalous aspects; not least that the witnesses were high ranking US Air Force personnel at the USAF base there.

Still, I do not believe these are ETs but something quite different.

Whoa dude...you are indeed misinformed on the matter of Roswell and UFO's then...I subject to you the hundreads of trace case landing studies and their effect on ground soil, the thousands of eye witness testimonies worldwide along with video and still photos, on top of that you have numerous credible high ranking former military and gov't officials coming out stating that the govt has been lying to us about for over 50 yrs now about UFO's and the crash at Roswell.

Also the scientific study conducted by the USAF on UFO's and the possible threat of them in the 1950's called project BlueBook. If UFO's didnt exist the govt would not have looked into them...
  • Reply 43 of 46
    snoopysnoopy Posts: 1,901member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hypoluxa View Post

. . . the thousands of eye witness testimonies worldwide along with video and still photos . . .

Why is it that there are many witnesses, yet astronomers in the same area searching the sky see nothing out of the ordinary? Also, if UFOs were a menace, we would be past history by now, right? There are many unanswered questions, and most books either hype UFOs, or try to explain them away.

Where can someone find a really unbiased evaluation of the evidence? I tend to think UFOs have more to do with human nature than extraterrestrials, but I haven't read anything I feel is unbiased yet.

• Reply 44 of 46
    hypoluxahypoluxa Posts: 694member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by snoopy View Post

Why is it that there are many witnesses, yet astronomers in the same area searching the sky see nothing out of the ordinary? Also, if UFOs were a menace, we would be past history by now, right? There are many unanswered questions, and most books either hype UFOs, or try to explain them away.

Where can someone find a really unbiased evaluation of the evidence? I tend to think UFOs have more to do with human nature than extraterrestrials, but I haven't read anything I feel is unbiased yet.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/ look through this site, it is a great reference of material. It may answer some questions you may have.

As far as your main question.... UFO sightings are as random as anything in nature, you never know when or where they'll show up, or the 'why' as well.
  • Reply 45 of 46
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by segovius View Post

The idea is that the Government is not telling the truth about the phenomena - as if such a thing were possible

Only a criminal intent/element to (Government) keeping the existence of UFOs secret would qualify as "conspiracy".

And re. "theory"... that hardly qualifies also. Numerous governments all over the world, including successive ones in the US and UK) have admitted in their own releases that some cases and studies must remain secret due to "national security considerations".

Quote:

I saw a UFO once a few years back - 2 in fact - and took a photo of them which I still possess. They were over the city in Paris and executing some highly unfeasible aerial maneuvers.

Something is definitely going on up there but I do not believe personally we are being visited by ETs or that the Government knows what the phenomena is - although it certainly seems interested enough.

In UFO cases, a rough average of 95% can be easily explained in mundane everyday terms. That leaves 5% as "unknowns". So UFOs as such do exist, the controversy being "are they from, or not from Earth"? I feel that the people who have the best insight are those who have had an "encounter".

I've never seen anything that I haven't been able to explain in normal terms. As for "outer space" or "alien" origin I remain skeptical, mostly because of the distances involved and the enormous time span and energy consumption it would take to propel a physical object (space vehicle) from a "nearby" (!) planetary system with technologically advanced life to any physical object in the Universe. And why Earth? (if I were an alien in command of a spacecraft, I would steer well clear)

Quote:

Nor is there any evidence for the alleged crashes; Roswell has been pretty much discredited

Why the big fuss about Roswell? I bet the biggest motive was to promote the tourist trade, and it has worked really well! I went through Roswell a few summers back and the many of the downtown stores have some "UFO" or "alien" element. One downtown furniture dealer even had a couch and two armchair set with a family of silver suited "aliens" with big black wrapround eyes staring out at passers by. The most suspicious aspect of the Roswell case was the fact that the USAF explained it on 4 different occasions, giving a different answer each time! That doesn't exactly instil confidence that the government is being honest and forthright with its employers, we the people. Such inadequacies, obfuscation and cageyness only promotes suspicion and starts "conspiracy theory" allegations in the first place. Let me make the comparison with Flight 77 here (only to illustrate, lets not go off on a tangest).. but if the Government' story. re. 77, is wholly unimpeachable and correct, then let the public see those 80 seqestered security camera videotapes. They could squash the alternative, or "no plane" theories at a stroke. A similar attitude seems to exist within government departments re. controversial incidents, especially the military, and that is "we're the bosses, and screw the people, they don't have the right to know, national security considerations or otherwise; just tell them any old story and they'll shut up , believe and comply". You know, the thing about men with small dicks who get off on wielding lots and lots of power.

Quote:

and so have the rumoured Sirocco and Aurora incidents. Perhaps the only 'contact' case that has any merit is the UK Rendlesham Forest incident which has some very anomalous aspects; not least that the witnesses were high ranking US Air Force personnel at the USAF base there

Those cases happened so long ago that details get fuzzy, paperwork disappears, and witnesses die. But that Rendelsham Forest episode was weird in the utmost.

Quote:

Perhaps the most telling part of the encounter came in 1985 when former Chief of Defence Staff, Admiral of the Fleet Lord Hill-Norton, wrote to Michael Heseltine, the then Secretary of State for Defence, requesting details of the case. On behalf of Heseltine a reply was received from Lord Trefgarne stating that "The events to which your refer were of no defence significance.'

Lord Hill-Norton pointed out that this was an extraordinary claim by any standards. If there had been an intrusion into British airspace around a United States/British airbase (which housed nuclear weapons) from a foreign or alien power the clearly there was a defence significance. The alternative was that the report by deputy base commander Lieutenant Colonel Halt was a hoax, a joke, or a symptom of him being "out of his mind". One could argue that any one of these surely also has defence significance!

Quote:

Still, I do not believe these are ETs but something quite different.

I would love to see a real alien spacecraft (UFO) land in the middle of the Superbowl, or on the White House Lawn, or somewhere extremely public. But even if it were "genuine", how would we ever prove it wasnt an extremely elaborate hoax.... unless they started getting violent towards us... and that is a pretty moot point anyway: any aliens with the technological knowhow to come here and communicate with us would have to be far more "advance" than the human race. For them to so something of such extreme pointlessness or stupidity, such as preemptive war, or an attack for no reason, that would discount any notion of "intelligent" or "advanced".

I guess we have no choice but to look at these things in an anthropocentric fashion...we are all humans (including me, notwithstanding the opinions of some on this board). Is is reasonable to expect to expect "aliens" to have some element of humanity about them, "physically" and "mentally"? Or would they be truly "alien".. with characteristics that we just dont have words for?