Sony boss rues losing to iPod, on guard against iPhone

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    There is already such an amount of frenzy surrounding the iPhone that Sony has never dreamt of:

http://gizmodo.ru/2007/03/02/iphone_..._nerazluchny_/

Sorry, the page is in Russian, but you get the idea. Don't ask me where to buy those items.
  • Reply 42 of 46
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by costique View Post

There is already such an amount of frenzy surrounding the iPhone that Sony has never dreamt of:

http://gizmodo.ru/2007/03/02/iphone_..._nerazluchny_/

Sorry, the page is in Russian, but you get the idea. Don't ask me where to buy those items.

That's a dimension of technophilia that I haven't known about before. Relatively tame compared to some, but still.
  • Reply 43 of 46
    johnqhjohnqh Posts: 242member
    Sony's biggest problem right now is PS3. With the super-computer processor power and cost, coupled with 70's style navigation (the joystick), I suspect Wii will become the market leader in 1 to 2 years.

And this battle will drain a lot of Sony's resources and credibility, and certainly affect all other areas Sony does, including camera, cell phone, and music.
  • Reply 44 of 46
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    Quote:

I suspect Wii will become the market leader in 1 to 2 years.

I doubt it. Nintedo has always experimented with different devices. Back in the 80's they had the gun, the Power glove, the Power Pad, and that robot.

Twenty years later the joystick is still the most popular device.
  • Reply 45 of 46
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

I doubt it. Nintedo has always experimented with different devices. Back in the 80's they had the gun, the Power glove, the Power Pad, and that robot.

Twenty years later the joystick is still the most popular device.

The prototype for the original 8-bit Nintendo console had IR wireless controllers.
  • Reply 46 of 46
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnqh View Post

Sony's biggest problem right now is PS3. With the super-computer processor power and cost.

And this battle will drain a lot of Sony's resources and credibility, and certainly affect all other areas Sony does, including camera, cell phone, and music.

Sony knows what they are doing. They are losing money on every PS3 sold, but big deal, the 2 million PS3 has pushed Blu-ray's installed base far ahead of HD-DVD. Blu-ray as the next standard will profit Sony over the next couple decades--if not longer--to a much greater capacity this gaming console ever could.