Apple stores to offer hands-on Apple TV workshops and demos

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Louzer View Post

Wow, this device is so complicated, they need to have workshops to explain it to people?

And do people really have "favorite movie trailers"?

The whole favorite trailers thing is depressingly stupid. Steve should live in a turtle shell for a week for that one.
  • Reply 22 of 36
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

The whole favorite trailers thing is depressingly stupid.

Actually I love showing people the trailer for Seinfeld's Comedian. It's the one where the voiceover guy goes over all the movie trailer cliche's. "In a world where..."
  • Reply 23 of 36
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Apple have to provide 720p material for sale or at least 540p.

• Reply 24 of 36
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,731member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

You had a question?
  • Reply 25 of 36
    deapeajaydeapeajay Posts: 909member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

Actually I love showing people the trailer for Seinfeld's Comedian. It's the one where the voiceover guy goes over all the movie trailer cliche's. "In a world where..."

that one's great!
  • Reply 26 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeaPeaJay View Post

Chill

Sage word.
  • Reply 27 of 36
    Quote:

You had a question?

Nope, just a look of derision.
  • Reply 28 of 36
    Quote:

Nope, just a look of derision.

I am curious ... why?
  • Reply 29 of 36
    netdognetdog Posts: 244member
    Time for movies in the UK and Europe or this thing is gonna sit on the shelves.
  • Reply 30 of 36
    Quote:

I am curious ... why?

Because Apple most certainly does not have to offer HD content to sell the AppleTV, and to suggest so is truly silly. Everyone hopes that quality will continue to improve, and of course it will, but 1) AppleTV doesn't only play videos, it's also for music and photos and other things, 2) it isn't limited to iTunes-store-purchased content anyway, and 3) the vast, vast majority of video content right now isn't HD anyway, so iTunes-store-purchased content is hardly any different.
  • Reply 31 of 36
    Quote:

Because Apple most certainly does not have to offer HD content to sell the AppleTV, and to suggest so is truly silly. Everyone hopes that quality will continue to improve, and of course it will, but 1) AppleTV doesn't only play videos, it's also for music and photos and other things, 2) it isn't limited to iTunes-store-purchased content anyway, and 3) the vast, vast majority of video content right now isn't HD anyway, so iTunes-store-purchased content is hardly any different.

Where are you located? Maybe you have different expectations? Here in Florida all (but a small portion) of our TV is HD now via optical fiber and to expect less than at least 540p or hopefully 720p from ATV is silly!

Check back in a few months and I bet Apple will offer low end HD.
  • Reply 32 of 36
    rufusrrufusr Posts: 3member
    Why would anyone buy Apple TV in Canada? The i-tunes store has no content - no television programs, no movies and no indication when these would be available.
  • Reply 33 of 36
    To watch videos other than those downloaded from iTunes, such as video podcasts, other downloaded video, um, pirated content, etc.?
  • Reply 34 of 36
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rufusr View Post

Why would anyone buy Apple TV in Canada? The i-tunes store has no content - no television programs, no movies and no indication when these would be available.

Why would anyone live in canada? its all igloos, cornfields and grizzly bears.

(joke).
  • Reply 35 of 36
    rufusrrufusr Posts: 3member
    Our i-tunes store may have no content but our country has no Bush.
  • Reply 36 of 36
    sjksjk Posts: 603member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gregmightdothat View Post

To watch videos other than those downloaded from iTunes, such as video podcasts, other downloaded video, um, pirated content, etc.?

EyeTV recordings, for Mac users. Probably analogous Windows PC DVR content though I don't know specific products.

PS: It's iTunes, not i-tunes, rufusr… but your Bush joke is okay.