"Cash For Laptops" reliability

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dcsimages View Post

I vote that the thread gets locked to keep it from being resurrected again.

We don't really lock threads here. They just fall out of use by their own merits. If it's spam that resurrects it, the post will be deleted, sending the thread back in line by its last legitimate post. It shouldn't be a problem.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Oh hell no!

Don't even think about that site!

They're the same people behind cashforipads and cashforiphones and many more!

And worst of all, they're Fandroids! They hate Apple and they hate you!

Can you believe that somebody could be stupid enough to have a site called cashforipads and then they go on to diss Apple bigtime on their own site? So they're looking for Apple users as customers while they openly insult their customers and the customer's choice of product? Great strategy there! Just go read their blog and see what they say about Apple's products on their site.

And there's also the small matter about getting scammed out of money. Avoid it like the plague.

You basically send them your shit, and then you'll find out that the price they're really offering is nothing close to what was offered when you sent it in.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

We don't really lock threads here. They just fall out of use by their own merits. If it's spam that resurrects it, the post will be deleted, sending the thread back in line by its last legitimate post. It shouldn't be a problem.

Actually, that's not really true.

Threads used to be locked here regularly in the old days.

This one is pretty much spam bait and has surfaced a quite a few times recently.
  • Reply 24 of 25

They originally offered me $83 for my laptop. After they received it, they said they weren't going to buy it at all and could "recycle it for me" and offered me a $10 gift card which they would add to my next purchase.

They completely lie in their advertising. Their sales tactics are misleading.They want to recycle my product and make money doing that without really paying me anything. Avoid this company!!!!

• Reply 25 of 25

I recently sent my phone 4s into these guys they gave me a quote for three hundred and twelve dollars which I thought was a little high. but of course you're going to go with the highest quote it seems they do this so they are assured of getting your phone the phone I sent In was flawless I talked to the guy today and he said there was light scratching on the front and light scratching on the back. So instead of three hundred and eighteen dollars. They offered me a hundred and fifty I read about all the complaints online after I sent my  phone in and it was too late to do anything about it. I would not use these guys. I've already looked up the Dist. Atty. for Nevada Because there located in Sparks, Nevada, and I'm going to file a complain about them I wished I would've researched them before I sent my phone in, but that's my own fault. I'll take this as a lesson definitely do not use cash for iPhones.com or cash for laptops.com it's all the same guys. They use a classic bait and switch hustle